Skip navigation

October 1991 Blue GTI Rivage - deposit received - SOLD

Back to the top

94,843 miles

rivage-2cr4.jpeg rivage-2cr3.jpeg rivage-2cr2.jpeg rivage-2cr1.jpeg rivage-2cr.jpeg

Further update - 15 August 2019 - the viewing has happened and our Rivage is sold and will soon be off to her new home. Thank you for looking. Good luck with your search.

Update: Saturday 20 July 2019 - Thank you for your interest in our Rivage, we have today received a deposit payment. We will not entertain any further enquiries for the car as an inspection visit is pending.

Model: Mk1 GTI Rivage in Blue Metallic paint

Spec/Trim option: Blue cloth upholstery with all the usual Rivage trim items including Le Castellet wheels and power roof

Year of manufacture: 1991
Mileage: 94,845
Price: Let's talk about it
Contact details: 0749 2203347
Condition: Despite having been dry stored for a number of years our Rivage is in need of some TLC
Service history: The car comes with a chunky file of service history, bills, old MOT's and tax discs
Mot expiry Date: 3 Nov 2015
Taxed or sorn: SORN

Description: I'd like to find a buyer for our Rivage who appreciates the genius of the Mk1 Golf! These superb cars have had a place in my heart since I was a teenager. This Rivage is my fourth Mk1. She is a very original car, the windscreen still has the VAG sticker and under the bonnet the engine and transmission are original and unmolested.

She has the Rivage decals on the side panels, is fitted with blue carpets, (which others have said indicates an early blue Rivage, later ones being fitted with black carpets)

She was first registered on 2 October 1991 and since then has covered just under 95,000 miles. There are many service stamps in the log book and invoices in the file. That said, the paintwork could use some attention, the upholstery on the driver's seat has worn through on the bolster. She starts on the button and runs smoothly. That said, the engine and running gear would benefit from some gentle fettling.

To be honest I can't make up my mind whether to sell or whether to get her sorted and keep her. We don't have to sell but feel that now might be a good time for her to go to a new home.

If you have read this far, you are probably wondering about photos. The Rivage is in our, tiny, garage blocked in by our campervan which is also currently SORN'ed which creates a problem in terms of getting decent photos!  If there is interest I will take some photos and share them. (A few photos now taken and added!)

Thanks for looking, Andy

Last edit: by sprintexec

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.