Skip navigation

1993 Mk1 VW Golf Clipper cabrio now sold.

Back to the top
Model:Mk 1 Golf Cabrio

Spec/Trim option:Clipper

Year of manufacture:1993
Mileage:106000
Price:2995
Contact details: 07979308958
Condition: very good
Service history: lots of
Mot expiry Date:June 2018
Taxed or sorn: taxed

Description:
I dont really want to sell this wee car, especially when there is still the rest of the summer to enjoy but at some point in the near future I will be losing my storage space which means I need a load lugger to shift parts and it was sell the Golf or sell the Fastback……The fastback wins.

The car is a 1993 (the very last of this model) VW Golf Clipper cabrio with the 1.8 fuel injected engine,
Inca blue paintwork, green tint electric windows and grey interior.

The roof is powered and the cover and headliner were replaced 2 years with black mohair outer and white headliner.

In the 2 years I have owned the car I have; replaced the roof, changed the timing belt, serviced the engine,repaired the electric windows, replaced the fuel filler pipe (common rot spot), replaced the back brake cylinders and shoes, replaced springs and shocks, replaced the broken glove box, new gear linkage kit, new front ARB bushes, new ball joints, new rocker cover gasket, new vacuum pipes and loads of wee jobs to get the car in good condition.

Also fitted a new stereo which has an SD card slot, aux input and bluetooth/handsfree functions along with a power ariel on the front wing (I always wanted one of those). Speajers a JBL's and all fitted in the original factory mounts.

Insurance is cheap, thanks in part to the car being fitted with a Thatcham approved alarm/immobilizer.

For full disclosure the issues I know of with the car that may eventually need attention include;
Front tyres. Plenty of tread but dry due to age.
Speedo occasionally has a fit and winds right round off the scale on the motorway but odometer continues to work.
Original paint so its a 10 footer in places because of stone chips.

For the full story of my time with the car the rescue thread is here;

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=projects%2Fyour-mk1-golfs_2%2Fthe-1993-clipper-cabio&kfs79=30

This really is a great wee car that I have been lucky to own for the last 2 years but I cant keep them all.

I am looking for £2995ono

Drop me a PM if you want to get a look or for more information, car is in Glasgow.

Dave.

The Dukes pass by Dave Campbell, on Flickr

Snow clipper 24 by Dave Campbell, on Flickr

The Dukes pass by Dave Campbell, on Flickr

Last edit: by BTJustice

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.