Skip navigation

1991 MK1 Golf 1.8 GTI Karmann/Clipper Cabriolet

Back to the top

For Sale

1991 MK1 Golf 1.8 GTI Karmann/Clipper Cabriolet

Welcome to my listing for the above vehicle, which I believe to be a great example of a classic car and a vehicle that has brought me a lot of joy during the time that I have owned it. I'll aim to be as informative as possible in the details and description below and capture as much information about the vehicle as possible, however if there is anything I may have missed, then do let me know and I can come back to you with further info/photos as required. Viewings are also welcome, subject to my availability, as I do run my own business and I'm currently using the car as a daily (so mileage will also creep up a little over the next few weeks, but not much).

As you might expect, being a VW, the car is mechanically very sound and has caused me no trouble during ownership. It is an original 1.8 GTI model, with original bodywork etc and also comes with PERFECT condition, original BBS alloy wheels that are completely immaculate in condition and have, as new tyres all round.

Key vehicle details/description:
  • Electric/automatic reclining roof (a rare find on these vehicles, with many being manually operated).
  • Recently MOT'd, so there is about 10-11 months left on the MOT.
  • Original Clipper bodykit.
  • BBS alloys with as new tyres, in pristine condition.
  • Personalised number plate also included in the sale - which ends in 'GLF', for GOLF.
  • Non power steering model.
  • Upgraded Focal speakers in the front, with tweeters fitted in the doors and upgraded Hertz speakers in the rear.
  • Sony CD player included.
  • Replacement mohair canvas roof, in original colour.
  • Sale includes a half car cover, to protect the roof in the worst conditions (when it really rains hard, the odd drip comes through the drivers side handle on the roof, so I keep it covered at night).
  • Canvas roof cover included, stored in boot (used to cover the reclined roof and stop it flapping about in the wind, however I found that actually this was never really needed).
  • Colour coded carpet mats.
  • Lovely looking, original interior! One of my favourite parts about the car to be honest, with the classic old VW chequed pattern. With only the very small, odd signs of wear (see pics), but otherwise very clean and very complimentary to the car.
  • Cambelt changed at 144,877 (garage that did this, under a previous owners ownership, decided to make a note in the engine bay, which you'll see in the photos).
  • There is a very small hole in the internal roof lining, about the size of a 5p I suppose. However this doesn't go all the way through. It's only on the internal lining, not the roof itself, so no water comes through here at all. It's just cosmetic. Also a small cut in the top of the rear seat bench, only about a centimeter long.
  • It has a key fob immobiliser fitted, for security purposes, since being an old car, they're not massively difficult to break into. Fitted by a professional (receipts/docs provided) and just requires contact with the key fob before starting the engine.
  • There is not an official service history book/record, as the last owner told me that this had been lost somewhere along the line as the person he purchased from didn't have it when he bought the car either. However there is a lot of paperwork, such as old receipts for the work that's been carried out by classic car garages etc in the past, the replacement roof and so on, as well as past MOT certificates.
  • Bosch silver top battery, fitted within the last 6 months and has a 5 year replacement warranty. So if it fails at any time in the next 4 and a half years (approx), then you can have the battery replaced at your nearest 'Euro car parts' store, free of charge!
  • The car is currently taxed, but as per the new tax rules, it would need to be taxed by the new owner.
Located in Tonbridge, Kent

Contact: sam@selbydesign.co.uk for further details or to arrange a viewing.

£1,950 ONO

Last edit: by SAMGLF

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.