Mileage: 169900
Price: See Auction
Contact details: Pete - 07914 853590
Condition: Excellent
Service history: Extensive
Mot expiry Date: June 2015 - but will arrange new year's MOT for new owner
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:

Please see the link below to my auction for the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-CLASSIC-MK1-VW-GOLF-GTI-CABRIOLET-CONVERTIBLE-/141681407987?

Having always wanted a mk1 convertible, since my mates brother took us out with the roof down one cold October night, some 20 years earlier, I spent a long time looking for the right car.

I actually found this one on the forum, about 4 years ago.  As you can see from the pictures, its in excellent original condition and has had only 2 owners over the last 15 years. Both of us Mk1 Golf enthusiasts who aside from the addition of a new stereo have kept it in completely original specification.

The car comes with extensive service history for the car and shortly before my ownership had a new mohair roof fitted, which remains in perfect condition with no rips or tears.  I have treated the roof regularly with Autoglym hood protector, and as you can see the car comes with a fully waterpoof and breathable cover, which has protected the car from the elements. I also have a matching tonneau cover for the roof as pictured.

Since I have owned it, I have replaced the rear seats with unmarked seats and have replaced the lap belts with full rear seat belts. All the seats are unmarked.
I also sourced what I believe to be the last 3 original brand new alloys from Germany, and found another which I had completely refurbished. All 4 wheels are immaculate, unmarked and kept well away from kerbs!

The wheels in this condition really set the car off, and I am regularly complemented on how good the car looks. I have shown it the last 2 years at Alive and V-Dubbin at Jimmy's Farm, where again it had many admirers.

The MOT runs out at the end of the month, but I will arrange for it to undergo one so it will have a new year's MOT for the new owner.
The car runs and pulls well and sits happily at motorway speeds.

The car is 27 years old and has some  stone chips but generally is in excellent condition for its age. It has been well looked after, particularly over the last 15 years and is great fun to drive.

Genuine reason for sale - selling to fund new purchase. I will though be gutted to see it go. I love it!

Any questions please feel free to contact me - more pictures available on request. Happy for people to view the car too.

Will try and sort out some pics soon!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.