Year of manufacture: 1983
Mileage: no idea
Price: £10.5k     NOW £9,995
Contact details: 07597 894 740
Condition:  great
Service history: loads of paperwork
Mot expiry Date: July 2017
Taxed or sorn: N/A

PART EXCHANGE  CONSIDERED, JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHAT YOU WANT FOR IT!

Description:

So I have had this car for 3 years or so now, and in that time I have only done around 2000 miles in it.  1st up I will let the previous owner tell you about the car,  with a cut and paste of the advert from when I bought the car in 2013 (If you finish that I will share my exerience of the car).

Right here goes.
I can safely say I am not sure I want to do this, but I have been offered my dream car and need to raise some money for it.

This is my 1983 2 door MK1 Jetta coupe.
I've owned this car for around 4 years with my best mate hoarding it for a year before that.
It is a great car that I have spent countless hours and money on. It's totally reliable and it will always start and get me where I'm going without fail.

Being a 2 door makes it very very rare in the first place, but this has been converted to rhd. It's one of only 6 right hand drive ones I know of in the world. So its safe to say you won't park next to another one.

The engine in the car is an later aum 1.8 20vt that has been completely rebuilt. It's done about 10k since then and never missed a beat. It's one of the quickest 20vt I've come across in this trim. It's got a genuine k04 with all pipes, 386cc injectors, tt fuel rail, etc. It runs an in tank lift pump to a swirl pot in the boot and a 255 pump and filter under the car. You will never get fuel starve with this set up. It has a front mount intercooler, mk4 header tank and std mk4 air box with a panel filter. The exhaust is full custom with 2 back boxes to keep it super quiet and stealth. Steel shallow sump and the whole engine has been raised on custom made mounts for more clearance.  It's designed to look stock, its not a smooth bay with 25 tubs of filler in, I wanted it to look timeless and like it belongs there.
It runs on a Qpeng management which I have found to be great, it has switchable boost and on low boost will do 45mpg easily. It's surprised me at just how cheap it is to run.

Gearbox is an 02A with a quaife atb LSD fitted, this runs 100mm drive shafts and has never given me a days problem. The gear stick in the car has been lengthened to make it easier to use and keep the stock look.

Suspension.
It has H&R coilovers that are amazing, new mounts, brand new adjustable front top mounts, poly bushed, upper and lower strut brace, rear strut brace.

Brakes.
G60 front set up with drilled disks and rebuilt drums at the back. These work perfect on the car and keep it looking normal. Body.
It's a 2 door non sunroof shell. It's never ever been hit and apart from the passenger door is all original panels, 95% is original paint too. So its not a trailer queen. It has plenty of marks on it that its picked up over the years, but I've left it like this because the paints so original. A car is only original once.
It has the crazy rare chrome side trim, chrome insert bumpers with the front bumper being a super rare headlight washer type. All lights are in great condition and the front indicators are nos. it has original arches, gls number plate trim, Jetta fuel injection badge, windscreen trims, genuine chrome flag mirrors, chrome door latches, bonnet and boot catch, bonnet struts, plus loads more. New oe rain tray plus tons of other bits I haven’t listed.

Interior.

Rhd dash, with just the basic dials and a boost gauge hidden out of view. New grey Newton commercial carpets, custom door cards with black vinyl and grey tweed and chrome beetle ash trays, rear shelf in grey tweed. Lower dash tray and S1 centre gear trim, quaife gear knob and I'm not sure what steering wheel it will come with, but not one of my Bbs ones. There's a head unit and 4 hidden speakers. A lot of the car is dynamatted too. Rear seats are a slim bench and fronts are Vabric Silks trimmed in genuine hounds tooth Harris tweed.
Original head lining, sun visors are swapped to rhd ones.
The headlining and wipers remain lhd which looks excellent.

Usual things, its been serviced loads, every fluid is regularly changed, new wheel bearings, etc. it's wanted for nothing.

I'm really am unsure if I can bring myself to part with it. It's never been a car built to collect trophies, I've built it for me and to have fun, yet its still won plenty of things, edition 38, players, westside, retro cars feature, front cover if golf plus, etc. I'm always humbled when it wins something.

As I said I bought the car in 2013 just to have fun car that I could jump in whenever I wanted, that I knew would start, run and drive as it should do.  This car has preformed impeccably since I bought it, and in all honesty it’s not something I am particularly excited to be selling, but I don’t really use it that much, and I have other cars on the go too.

Regular maintenance has been kept up, as well as a few changes to how it was when I bought it from Paul.

Wheels
1st up, I am not a fan of 17” wheels on a MK1.  I’m more of a 15” wheels on a MK1 kind of guy, and I have had a few sets on the car.  At the moment it is sitting on some Zender Turbo 2 wheels that have been custom finished, with red Zender badges that I commissioned and some decals I had made up to order.  Personally one the best wheels I have seen on the car, but we all know wheels are a very subjective thing.  Easily changed if you don’t like them though, in fact if you bring your own wheels I will take £500 off and keep these ones.

Interior
Again, nothing against the previous owner, but the seats were not my cup of tea, so I purchased some Recaro Monza front seats which are period for the car.  I then bought some genuine Recaro sub frames direct from Recaro, so they fit nicely.  The rear “slim bench” that was in the car looked good, but it didn’t really fit in with what I was looking for, so I have re-fitted a Jetta rear seat, but it does need trimming to match the fronts (I do have the slim bench if preferred, but do not have the Vabric front seats).  To go with the Recaro front seats I have fitted some rare “Toric” front seatbelts. They are very cool and confuse many passengers.  I have also added a MK1 front centre console as it has a nice, purpose built area to put the gauges.  The steering wheel is also in keeping with the rest of the car.  It is an Italvolante wooden wheel that took me an age to find and is absolutely superb!

Exterior
The only real difference here (apart from the wheels) is the chrome trim.  As mentioned above the car had some “crazy rare” chrome trim which I don’t like.  So I plasti-dipped it.  If you don’t like it, peel it off and have that “crazy rare” trim again.   As mentioned, the paint is original. It’s not great, but it suits the car.  I didn’t want to get it painted and lose that originality, but if you do, that is entirely up to you.  Do not turn up expecting show car paint though, this is an original, honest car that has nothing to hide and wears its battle scars well.

Engine
Nothing major really needed doing here.  It is surprisingly quick. I was told that the switchable map has a setting at around 150 bhp, and a 280 bhp setting. I have not had this on the rollers to check, but can tell you that it is definitely a quick little car!  The usual fluids etc have been changed, it has just had a new battery fitted, other than the usual stuff nothing major to report.

Loads of pictures here of how it has looked over the last few years.  The Pictures on the Zender Turbo’s with the Recaro seats are the most recent.

I have not really used this car as much as I should have, but every time I have used it, I have got out of the car with the biggest smile on my face.   The car also has a habit of making everyone who sees it smile too.  It is very rare, it is very cool.  I am not expecting the car to sell quickly based on the fact that such a unique car probably needs a unique owner to go with it.  If you are that unique person then you only need to part with £10.5k to take advantage of this opportunity.  At the moment the car is insured for a guaranteed sum of £12k on a classic policy.  Doing under 3000 miles a year fully declared everything it is under £200 a year to insure.

The car is in Peterborough, and my number is 07597 894 740 (please only call/text during sociable hours).   Please don’t be wasting my time with stupid comments, low ball offers, or part exchanges for your Polo Breadvan and a packet of quavers. I have included everything I can think of in this advert, but if you have a question that I have not answered please ask away.

Last edit: by smokeybubbles

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.