Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 Golf C, 31k miles, 3dr, Lhasa Green

Back to the top

Low Mileage Mk1 Golf C For Sale, 1100cc, Tintop, Lhasa Green,

Thankyou for the interest, this is now sold. Deposit paid.

Spec/Trim option: C

Year of manufacture: 1983
Mileage: Just over 31,000 miles
Price: £4995
Contact details: Andy - AGregory@HeritagePartsCentre.com / 01273 444014
Condition: Good
Service history: Yes
Mot expiry Date: 22nd December 2018
Taxed or sorn: Taxed till October

Description:
Up for grabs is this tidy Mk1 tintop with unbelieveable mileage on it.
I originally sourced this for VW Heritage founder David Ward back in 2009 (i think) from Chris Eyre - David was after a low mileage example to use at weekends, and occasionally to drive to work in. It wasn't a GTI, but it was too good to miss.
It's not perfect, but it's pretty decent.
Body work is good, it had a small rust bubble by the windscreen wiper at the front, and on the tailgate at the rear seen to a few years back.
Underneath looks in good order. No sunroof.
Drives well, and feels tight - as it should for the mileage. Could do with the carb being set up right - it will run off choke, but not as well as others i have driven (I've not had the time to look at this sadly).
Interior feels like a new car, except for the classic wear on the drivers seat. No radio! Slight vinyl lift on the glovebox lid.
Standard steel wheels have had a quick refurb with a rattle can a few years back, some of the centre caps have discoloured.
(I've not re-done these - the new owner may just slam it on BBS, and they'll never be seen again anyway!)

A whole host of professional pics can be seen here:
https://magazine.heritagepartscentre.com/en/blog/2018/03/21/golf-mk1-buying-guide/
I have another 50 at least for those who are seriously interested. It was at the AGM last year, some of you may have seen it there.

We've had some fun with it, but with our Jetta project coming closer to completion, we're needing to create space in the workshop, and free up a little bit of cash too.

_DSC0017.jpg _DSC0024.jpg _DSC0046.jpg _DSC0132.jpg _DSC0160.jpg _DSC0194.jpg _DSC0275.jpg

Last edit: by AndyBBT

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.