Contact details: Steve on 07974 401487
Condition: older resto, really solid, bright paint, lovely engine
Service history: Big file full of interesting stuff
Mot expiry Date: April 2016
Taxed or sorn: Tax to September 2015

Description:

Full set of detailed, hi-res photos here:-
 http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/SteveHadfield/library/Mk1%20GTi%20AHA%20846Y

Non sunroof model, first regd August 1982. Currently has 182k on the clock, but had a full resto not so many miles ago and I have a very BIG file detailing this and going back many years.

- Full strip down re-paint by Autocolour of Swindon in 2005, invoice for over £3,800 to cover this in the file. Mileage on the MOT cert for that year was 163k. There are several show rosettes in the file following this, which gives an idea of the standard it was done to. The body is still totally solid, as you can see from photos and the paint is bold and lusty.

- TSR short engine (proper Mk1 1.8 gti) fitted in 2003 at 160k, with 102 cam and lightened flywheel. This sounds great and revs lovely, instant start up hot or cold, good oil pressure, faultless. There are loads of receipts relating to this.

- Sat on coilover suspension, which will go really low if you wish, plus the rear arches are already rolled ready for lowering (if that's your thing).

- Two sets of wheels with the sale. The Lensos in the pics are shod with nearly new Toyo T1R, plus a set of clean, but ready for a repaint Tarantulas with nearly new rubber too (and a spare in the boot with new tyre).

She has just passed an MOT with one advisory, which is a slightly rough feeling steering rack. The MOT'er said this was just down to lack of use and she needs driving more often!

In the last 12 months she's had a complete new braking system (standard items) incl master cylinder, front discs, callipers, pads, rear drums, cylinders and shoes. She's also received a new clutch cable and seat bushes.

There are two minor issues that need sorting:-

1. The heater matrix is leaking, I have the new one, but not fitted yet.

2. Both sills have a dent at the front, my local bodyshop said it's not a big job to bash them out.

Overall, a really solid car, no rot, lusty paintwork, all new brakes, cracking engine and a smooth and painfree gearbox. Interior is bright and sound and everything works!

Ready for a new owner to take to the road and have some fun!!

Asking price is £5,950. I am only selling due to new acquisitions on the way and running short of space, not in a hurry and won't respond to cheeky offers, so please don't make any.

Thanks for your interest.

Steve - 07974 401487 (or PM me).

Last edit: by HadToo

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.