Mileage: approx 117,800
Price: £1500 ono
Contact details: PM
Condition: Good solid base
Service history: All from my ownership, some from previous owner
Mot expiry Date: July 2016
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:

For sale, my 1982 'Y' reg 1.3 CL 5dr, in Mars Red, approx 117,800 miles. MOT till July 2016.

I'm the 4th registered keeper of the vehicle. I bought the car back in April 2010 from the previous owners. The car belonged to his wife and she had owned it for 6 years. The car had been suffering from a fueling issue so was a non runner and as a result had been stood for couple of years.

Since getting it back on the road, I've covered less than 2,000 miles, mostly weekend drives during the summer. Longest trips I did were to BugJam and a Mk1 Owners Club AGM a few years back at Uttoxeter. In terms of work, it's had the head gasket done, battery, belts, alternator, condenser, wheel bearing and hub, coil, fuel pump and hoses, oil pressure sensors, fan replaced, front suspension components including lowered shocks and springs since I've owned it.

I bought and fitted the chrome bumpers and the P-slot wheels (including spare) but still have the original plastic bumpers, front plate with dealer name, and steel wheels to go with the new owner.

Bodywork is pretty straight, some scratches, scrapes and chips but you'd expect that from a 33 year old vehicle. Not too much by the way of rust, rear arches are probably the worst bits but by no means awful. Sills are good, apart from one area where a previous owner jacked the car up on it. Paint is tired but does come up reasonable after a T-cut, there is some lacquer peel on the front passenger door. Had planned to do a small light conversion and a respray until I decided to keep it original (still have the panel if the new owner is interested).

I moved out to Bermuda for work in November 2014 so the car was parked up at my parents, it was started infrequently and not really driven, apart from when it went for the MOT. I returned to the UK in August 2015 but as the car was at my parents in Berkshire and I live in south London, I've struggled to spend any time on it, so decided it is time to move it onto someone who can use and enjoy it. As it has been sat for a while, I would recommend a service, particularly the brakes (advisory on them being imbalanced and binding on the last MOT) and the engine, it can take a few turns of the key to start but when warmed up the engine runs ok. I stuck a jerry can of fresh petrol in it a few weeks back - this is a video of it running here

Beige colour seats could do with a clean, there's some wear on the drivers seat, sun fading on top of rear bench and a small tear on the dash. Headlining is very clean and rip free.Have a load of receipts for parts bought and work done, some paperwork from the previous owner (old MOTs, receipts etc), and a box of parts (brake parts, lowered rear suspension components and poly bushes).

Link to photos: https://goo.gl/photos/NrQun3CtHVh2QHNMA

Price wise, looking at around £1500 but will listen to offers. Car located in Langley, Berkshire.

Ping me a message if you want any more details.

Ian

Last edit: by kingcal

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.