Mileage:102000
Price:£4000:ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Location:taunton,somerset
Contact details:baker1983@btinternet.com
Condition:very good just need a little finishing
Service history:
Mot expiry Date: may2014
Taxed or sorn:sorned

Description:PRIVATE PLATE NOT WITH CAR.ORIGINAL REG UVC340X
ALL PARTS NEEDED TO FINISH ARE PRESENT OTHER THAN 1 FRONT INNER WHEEL ARCH LINER AND A SCUTTLE TRAY
Hi all,where do i start!
1981 mk1 golf gti originally a 1.6gti,still registered as a 1.6gti as DVLA make it so difficult to register it with the new engine even though im a fully qualified mechanic of 14years exp they want a reciept from the fitting garage but i did it myself at my place of work.ive declared all mods to insurance co and its still not that expensive.
Well this has been my labour of love(most of the time) since may 2012.
I bought this with the intentions of just doing a few weld patches and a fresh mot and drive it but i think the rust fairies went a bit nuts on this one,got it into my workshop as soon as i could and realised i took on a massive task,so many times tempted to scrap it. But i pushed on and now have really nice mk1 golf 20v t.
I have a massive amount of pics stored and receipts throughout the whole resto process, it roughly owes me around £10,000 not including my time but ive had fun doing it and now just dont get time to drive it or finish it 100%. Theres not alot left to do at all but i just cant find the time, needs a headlining fitting,sunvisors,a few interior metal panels painting,engine loom needs tidying and lower dash panels,centre console etc need fitting around ecu.
List of work done:-
Exterior and chassis has lots of new panels including complete front and rear panels,rear chassis legs,rear axle mounts,pair of full length floor panels,pair of handmade inner sills NLA,pair of outer sills,pair of inner and outer rear arches,pair of inner front wing panels,pair of wings,fuel filler panel and multiple other bits plated in the process. Then sent to bodyshop for paint in cashmere white all exterior,engine bay and parts of the interior but the paint reacted due to the thinners so needs finishing off by hand,its a really good paint job but not concours.
Roof this is a sunroof model hence the excessive amount of welding because they always leak,ive fitted a new genuine seal but didnt trust it so i have put a vinyl carbon sheet over the top so it defo wont leak and ruin all my work,sunroof worked fine tilt and slide.
Underneath has been coated in 3 coats of primer and 3 coats of upol gravitex(amazing stonechip)all new brake pipes,fuel pipes,fule hoses,fuel tank,supersprint centre/rear exhaust,handmade downpipe,new lower arms,bushes and ball joints
Wheels are 15inch g60 steels banded body coloured,8inch rear 7.5inch front with 195,45 tyres just giving a little stretch.
Engine is a 90,000mile Audi a6 AWT engine code, stripped and checked all good,new headgasket,water pump,cambelt,tensioner,alternator and all the emissions rubbish took off and blanked etc,front mount intercooler,cone air filter etc running standard MAP but if i keep it i would send the ecu off remap it and get the emissions related stuff deleted ie rear lambda,decat,all the Nvalves
Gearbox/drivetrain is original 020 but completley rebuilt,all bearings including the main bearing 25mm which i believe i had the last one in the country now there NLA, mk2 gti 16v clutch cover and mk2 8v clutch plate with a 210mm flywheel, all linkages rebushed. new wheel bearings all round,280mm disc front brake conversion with original size calipers but new calipers fitted(i do have some vr6 calipers,carriers and adaptors) and wheel cylinders,new drums.
Interior all floor panels rubbed down,primed and painted,sony cd headunit with aux socket(radio reception is pants with shark fin aerial)wooden parcel shelf with 6x9s in and 13cm door speakers,top of the range sigma s series thatcham cat1 alarm/immobiliser. engine loom modified to fit and ecu decoded by VAGTRONICS,no rev count as havnt modified it, as said earlier interior needs bits and pieces to finish,headlining,sun visors piant a few parts,rear seat belts, lower dash panels etc.
I am bound to of missed something but i think that my description give a good idea of the hardwork gone into this car, ive done around 500miles since completed and what a pleasure to drive,quick,turbo whistle and what a head turner.I dont want to sell and if i dont get sensible money then ill just keep her and eventually finish it but i thought it would make a good little rolling resto for someone to finish off that has the time over the winter ready for showing next summer.
Email me if you want more resto pics but check my previous posts first ie on the spit,paint process etc(im not great at emailing pics) baker1983@btinternet.com only reason i put email on is ive listed my mobile before and got loads of phone calls saying they know someone looking for 1 all i have to do is pay them £80 and they will do the rest,yes rite! email me with a contact no and ill call you back.
vehicle listed elsewhere so i can remove anytime and i would require cash on collection

Last edit: by baker1983

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.