Skip navigation

A772 TUL - Black 5-Door GTiEngineering Car - Auction...

Back to the top
Still visit the Car and Classic site every so often for a nosey and this was bang at the top of the page, so hard to miss… seems to be a new feature where they spotlight certain vehicles that are up for auction.

I remember quite a few years ago there was a thread on the forum on this particular car when it was up for sale previously at Eclectic Cars (you can see their dealer plates in some of the images).

Not sure if they're still on the go - did a quick Google and just a few dead ends?

Anyhow, from vague recollection there was much debate on whether or not 5-Door GTI's were avaiable and at that time the concensus was yes - but as a Continental Europe thing only. The thinking too was it was probably a personal import (as was very common back then) later done up by GTiEngineering.

The auctions almost over… I don't know if the link stays live after it ends for you to view.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auctions/1983-mk1-golf-gti-gti-engineering-KgZ183

Like they say, something's only worth what someone's prepared to pay so the current / final price is immaterial and I've no opinion on it. Having said that, if money were no object I'd be having it!

The people auctioning it have, in my opinion been better than most at representing the car. Very clear images showing everything as it is… no steering clear of the untidy or grotty bits, just unvarnished, honest images - good to see, some of the turds I've gone to view look like completely different cars to the one being advertised.

Back to the top
That really does look good for it's age.
I agree, money no object, it would be an interesting this to own!
Currently at £21,500. Wow.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Its higher price than I thought it would be, but then its pretty unique!

Back to the top
'Sold' for £21,500. Impressive.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
£21,000 for a more door. Not for me!  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.