Skip navigation

My first cabriolet 😃

Back to the top
Hi all new to this so bare with me, sold my be T5 camper 3 years ago and regretted it ever since so I decide it was time to get a new vw.
Picking up this little beauty the weekend, so happy with it colour is perfect and the condition is second to none. Inside is like a new car.
Was after some advice on waxing it ? Was does everyone use? Paintwork is very good with no rust or damage.

Screenshot_20190812-202142_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190812-202106_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190812-202121_eBay.jpg

Back to the top
Hi and welcome

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hi very nice. nothing wrong with green clipper. Is it carb or injection model.  

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

My first cabriolet ?

Welcome aboard nice Capri green cabby.
Roof needs looking at though.
It’s risen above the side glass.
Either side tension cable snapped/not fitted or it’s shrunk.
Just need some hot sunny days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

My first cabriolet [emoji2]

Nice car. I use auto glym personally but I am lazy. Maguire’s is very good and I use there wash and wax but not polish.

If you are really keen on having a nice finish then get it detailed. Clay bar and proper polish with a nano ceramic coat. Store it inside if possible if not then make sure it is water tight and washed regularly + polished.

I am about to lose the bricks around mine and probably going down the very expensive car cover route. £200 for a good quality one. I hope it will be worth it.

Listen the chortle about the roof he is the yoda of this stuff and can sort you out with the right contacts to get it fixed.

Golfs rot period when not loved and cared for. Cabbies rust a little less because there’s less metal

Filler necks, sills, a pillars, scuttle, valances, wings, axle mounts, fuel tanks, door bottoms, boot lids etc.  Why the hell do we own them???  But seriously keep it clean and as dry as possible and it will live forever. Abuse it and the bills get high very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Backinblack said

I am about to lose the bricks around mine and probably going down the very expensive car cover route. £200 for a good quality one. I hope it will be worth it.

Hmm be careful here, I've got stormforce4 covers but they only seem to last around 12mths before they start to split and leave the car covered in fluff

Backinblack said

Golfs rot period when not loved and cared for.

Golf's rot if they are loved and cared for and me and Chortle recently found out on mine

With regards to cleaning I'd go with poorboys products all day long, they work, they smell nice and they aren't heavily marketed so it's cheap

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
The joys the joys of owning. Welcome buddy.

Back to the top

My first cabriolet ?

Nice cabby welcome to the club
Regards Dean

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Welcome!  

What a lovely car and a lovely colour too!  I hope you will look after it well and that yopu will enjoy having it.   ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.