Skip navigation

remap

Back to the top
hi, got into a debate ( full blown argument) ahaha can you guy please tell me if you can remap an original mk1 golf gti cabriolet or not… cheers ahah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
There are Chips out there for the DigifantII but CIS Jetronic, Come on…. I have a Bridge over the Thames that I would sell to you.  

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Yes to digifant, but you have to buy the chip you can't remap it on the car.

No to CIS plain

CIS-e Maybe but in the 20 years of Cabby ownership I never heard of anyone remapping a CIS anything at all.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

remap

what would you do to give it a bit more go thats relativly inexspencive

Back to the top
Well may I suggest the following that seemed to add 100hp by the seat of my pants.

Install a Turbo not cheap.

Install a 4-2 manifold off a g60, and a dual down pipe and a good Silencer for maximum flow
Also not cheap but less than a good running turbo setup

Install a header and silencer.

Open the air box intake so more air can get in faster
and duct the opening to behind the grill and not the snorkel..(rams in air as fast as you are driving ie: in my case 75-90mph.  Easier on a Digi than a CIS.

I have done the Header on my 90, and it was awesome as it had a manual tranny.

Have done the 4-2 manifold and TT tuning dual down totaled about 350 USD for the pair on my Green Cabby, Increase the size of the airbox inlet and a k&N filter and it was Dramatic car runs like a graped ape. AutoMatic

Have done the 4-2 manifold and Home Made Dual down on my blue one and increased the Diameter of the air box, and ducted it to the front with a k&n filter and it was a marked improvement. Automatic, but the biggest kick I got from a plain stock engine was installing a set of NGK plugs.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

remap

how much are the NGK plugs and would i need to do anything els if i put them in and what did you do to make the air intake bigger and stuff like what would i need to buy to put on

Back to the top
 NGK are whatever they run for.  I once picked up a set of  triple plats for 1.50USD as they were mismarked in the catalog, so I got 6 sets,,,,, I am a cost effective illegitimate heir (read Cheap Bastiche)…

From http://cabby-info.com/Files/SparkPlugs.pdf

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.03.33 AM.png

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
You cant remap a car that doesnt have an ecu

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.