Skip navigation

Mk1 caddy leisure model

Back to the top

Chassis number

Hi everyone. 
I've been a member on here a while but never posted. I'm after some of your knowledge! In november 2014 I bought an Irish green caddy. It is a leisure model which is a 1.8 Gti engine from factory. This is as far as my knowledge of a leisure model goes. 
Recently I have discovered that my chassis number ends in 000001. And it has me wondering does that mean it was the first leisure model off the line?? 
So really my question is..am I correct in thinking this? And does anyone know more about the leisure model in general..such as how many were made and how many are left? A fella informed me at dubshed at the weekend that he has one also and there are only 42 made. I don't know if he is a reliable source. 

Thanks in advance 

Colin 

Back to the top
The 000001 means it was the first one produced in the year, no matter how many were made, it was still the first.  :)
Could be the only one left on the road… ;)

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Briano1234 said

The 000001 means it was the first one produced in the year, no matter how many were made, it was still the first.  :)
Could be the only one left on the road… ;)

Thanks for replying! That's pretty cool!! I can't believe I owned the car a year before I noticed. I've asked around a few people and they don't seem to know much about the leisure model or even heard about it 

Back to the top
See this caddy at Dubshed have to say real nice standard example with a few subtle but nice mods  :thumbs: .

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

golfman16 said

See this caddy at Dubshed have to say real nice standard example with a few subtle but nice mods  :thumbs: .

Thanks golfman16 😃 I didn't want to take it too far from original 

Back to the top
Here she is! The tyre stickers are off again 😂 image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.