Skip navigation

big turbo engine into a mk1

Back to the top
just wondering whats the best and feasable turboed engine to squeeze into a mk1.i quite like the idea of turbo,ing a vr6,wouldnt know where to start though.i have plenty of time to achieve this

Back to the top
nobody turboed a vr6?suprised me that.how easy is it to shoe horn a vr6 into a mk1,i know mounts and drive shafts need replacing,but what about the pedal box,does that need altering?
the gearbox would that need to be the vr6 one?

Back to the top
I think euro wise do a kit to fit a vr6 in a mk1 without moving your mount. And it comes with drive shaft that match the mounts.

Back to the top

Wayne Bates said

I think euro wise do a kit to fit a vr6 in a mk1 without moving your mount. And it comes with drive shaft that match the mounts.

yes they do mate,ive already seen that,was looking at the audi s3 engine,wondering if that would work

Back to the top
All I would say mate is email them and ask the question. All they can say is no. 

Back to the top
Im currently doing a vr6 turbo build and presume fitting the turbo is going to be the easy part depending what setup your after.Stock engine internals will handle 350bhp i wouldnt recomend more unless going 4wd. Try go for a 2.8 golf vr6 obd2, theres a load of space behind the engine once fitted if you can weld and you have the time then you may as weĺl buy a doner car and use the mounts from that and weld direct to the mk1 it saves a ton of money and isnt as difficult as u may think its just time consuming. Theres quite a few parts that you will need other than engine and box so a doner car is a must. Ive fitted a vr6 servo behind the pedal to get shut of the linkage and give me more room and a cleaner look and reverse mounted the clutch cylinder onto the steering rack inside the car. The cash you will save from a eurowise kit will get u a decent turbo setup.

Back to the top
cheers james

Back to the top
there are a couple of VR turbo mk1s on the caddy forum.

Your biggest issue is going to be getting the power to the road.

Back to the top

Amit said

there are a couple of VR turbo mk1s on the caddy forum.

Your biggest issue is going to be getting the power to the road.

im undecided at the moment what i want to do lol
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.