Skip navigation

GTI "special edition"?

Back to the top

need help with this one

Helo, I need help to find out what this car is, I was not able to find anything on my own. It's a 1.6 GTI and it belongs to my uncle, and I was thinking I will rebuild it. When me and my brother were kids he used to take us for rides and I absolutely loved the car and the awesome sound. I told him what is on the car is some weird bodykit but he keeps saying it's special edition and wants a lot of money for it, and if anyone should know I think this is the right place.

I also think the color is unusual, but awesome

Don't mind the mask, he somehow broke the original with red stripe, so he glued it and painted it all black :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:

So the badges are from golf mk2 for some reason, and the car has allaround bodykit made from strong rubber (it lasted pretty damn long), but what bugs me the most is the circular dials. So is it just a regular golf and some teenager slapped a rubber wing on it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Back to the top
Someone will answer this question, the dash looks like an S1 dash  and as for the body bumper kit gawd knows

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Always difficult to tell from a photo but looks to be a Kamei bonnet scoop, D&W front grille + inner lights, Zender upper hatch spoiler, and Foha (Votex) lower hatch spoiler. Possibly Happiche side mouldings along the mid flank - The remainder I haven't seen before.  

Back to the top
Thanks mate, so does this make the car cheaper or more expensive? Or is it worth more selling the tuner parts by itself? Anyway, do you guys like this look? I think it is a bit too much.

Back to the top
It's got Series one back lights/ rear panel.  The body kit etc is as bacardi says in his post.  Looks like he raided 1980's catalogues and ordered the lot!   Having said that as I started driving in the 80's when whale tails were all the rage I quite like it!!

Back to the top
I think the value is there because it is a series 1 - early dash and early rear lights, with regards to the rest as 'cbdubs' said, I don't think vw made something like that, other than campaigns and later gti engineering models.

Back to the top
And also, my dad worked for GP projects years ago, building beach buggies from 1966 onwards, his boss bought in brand new mk1 GTIs when they were first out and my old man as part of his job put fibre glass body kits on them, removing all stock arch extensions etc…….
Ruined  :'(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.