Skip navigation

Mk1 polo 50,000 miles lhd value

Back to the top
Hi

I'm hoping there is also mk1 polo fans on here. 
I'm thinking of bringing a Mk1 polo with 50,000 miles on the clock to the uk. Solid and straight in panama brown. 
It's a left hand drive. 
They are difficult to find for sale to compare prices so I'm unsure of value and hoped someone had an idea. 
Thanks 
Sam

Back to the top

Something I'd love but I'm sure they are worth good money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Thanks for reply. 
Would need about 2500 to cover costs. 
Im not a huge fan of flying back to the uk so just getting the price I paid back would be great. 
Think that is reasonable to get that much?

Back to the top

Depends on condition and history I suppose…. sounds about right. Would that be including being registered in the U.K.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
No not inc registration but all paperwork. 
Heard it doesn't cost much. 
I'm not registered as living in the uk anymore so I'm sure if I can do it. 

Back to the top
where's it coming from?

Back to the top
Scandinavia.
So it's pretty solid 

Back to the top
All depends on condition then… what it'll cost to get roadworthy. 

Will you enter it onto the nova database ready for the buyer to mot and register?

You'll need to at least do that bit as that will put a lot of buyers off. 

Back to the top
Yep I would even get plates on if possible. 

Back to the top
Get it on the nova database, get it mot'd and register it. 

You'll sell it for a lot more… or at least it'll widen your market, as a lot of people are scared of registering a foreign vehicle. 

Back to the top
Thanks good plan

Back to the top
The mk1 polo's are getting more sought after and the prices are gradually going up, probably in response, partly to the rise in the prices of the Golfs.

If you can't afford a golf you go for it's little (better looking imho) brother.

Spec and Engine will effect the price. A GLS 1272 is the cherry as the engine will keep up with every day traffic and the GLS is the top spec. It needs to be SOLID though as finding panels is tough. VW have started doing them again recently but we all know the cost of genuine VW panels.

Make sure it's as original as possible too. No lowering or silly wheels.

You'd probably get your required £2500 if it's uk registered and ready to go. Maybe upto 3k for a minter. Depends on where and how it was advertised.

Is it a polo or an Audi 50? If it's a 50 you can double the price of it easily, even in the UK.

The mk1 polo community in the UK is small and we all know each other, there's not much more than about 30 Derbys and mk1 polo's on the road at the minute. Many are off being restored and people are picking up on how rare they are. There is a Derby on Ebay that sold for around £3k, which the buyer had up for £7,500 but has dropped to around £5k now.
Check it out as it's a RHD with 23k on the clocks. It's not completely original though.

Hope that might help a bit!

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
I dont think i have missed it but I dont think you mention what year and model it is,  if it early metal bumper and fake wood dash it going to be worth a lot more that a late plastic car.  

I had a couple of 850's and they get about fine even with the small engine (screaming on the motorway at much over 65mph in 4th though)  and return great mpg's
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.