Skip navigation

Silver GTI, 1.8 16v with race carbs

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf GTI Convertible. Gorgeous car, reluctant sell.

Mk1 Golf GTI Convertible. Gorgeous car, reluctant sell.

I've had this car about a year and loved it but unfortunately circumstances dictate that I must now sell it :(

It had a ground up rebuild in the early 2000s. I have pictures of it in it's original state, some are shown with this listing. It had a new red roof fitted, red leather seats, Porche alloys, electric boot release, lowering kit and big bumper kit.

Engine was changed to a Mk2 1.8 16v and the injection system was replaced with twin 40 Delorto racing carburettors. This is a pretty quick little car that sounds absolutely fantastic.

I bought it 12 months ago for just over £4k and I've spend hundreds on it since. I've fitted a Clifford alarm/immobiliser, four new tyres, new break pads, lights on warning buzzer and new stereo systems. I also had the carbs professionally tuned.

There was more I wanted to do, but I've now started my own business so no longer have the time or spare cash to do it.

This is a brilliant little car which is so much fun to drive, especially with the roof down. Any car enthusiast would love it as much as I have. It wouldn't take much to get it up to show standard.

Looking to sell for £4000 but I'm open to offers.

Somebody is gonna get a bargin and leave me massivily out of pocket, but as long as that somebody gives this car the time, care and respect it needs then I'll be happy.

If you have any questions please call me on 07968306588 or email me on scott@stec.force9.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.