Skip navigation

SOLD!! 1990 Mk1 Clipper Cabriolet 1.8 Automatic, 81,250 mile

Back to the top

SOLD!! 1990 Mk1 Clipper Cabriolet 1.8 Automatic, 81,250 mile

Xena
Here we have for sale our much loved Mk1 Golf Clipper Automatic, She is in great condition for her age, we believe a previous owner recently restored her as there is evidence of a fresh respray, new water pump, new alternator plenty of shiny parts.

She has a genuine 81,208 miles (at time of typing) and the MOT history backs this up, only having done a couple of hundred miles since the last MOT.

The mohair roof is in good condition and doesn't leak, but there are a couple of wear marks on the rear quarters (pictures) and the power hood has never failed to respond.

There's a pair of 6x9 speakers fitted to the parcel shelf which work superbly, but the front has one speaker missing from the door and the other doesn't work.

She recently suffered with the common problem of a loose steering rack bracket which was seam welded and stronger than ever.

All the tyres are excellent but the lacquer is peeling on a couple of the wheels.

Very little rust, just the odd blemish here and there. Apart from the rear wing, which was caused when my girlfriend caught the rear quarter and scraped the paint (pictured)

She is 21 years old now and has the odd rattle. The auto box goes through the gears with ease but can be a bit temperamental to select park. The seats are in good condition with the bolsters a little worn down and the runners make the seat feel a little loose.

All this adds up to one really nice car to drive, I love nipping to town in her but really that's all we use her for, as we use my Vectra on a daily basis but don't have the storage space to keep her.

£1,600 ONO

In Dartford, Kent

07921 671 091
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.