Skip navigation

SERIES 1 1979 GOLF L - £450

Back to the top

SERIES 1 1979 GOLF L - £450

I'm offering my MK1 that literally needs a bit of welding and a few jobs finishing to MOT!

I'm in Chepstow, South Wales. Just off the Severn Bridge, just off M4 & M5, on the border to the forest of Dean, and Gloucestershire!
I have too many projects, haven't got time to finish this and just bought a MK2 for my daily so this needs to go!

I'm currently refitting the interior, buying more parts, and getting it ready for a new home, I have thrown lots of money at this for genuine parts, and is a steal, you could break it for lots of $$.

The buyer has the option for a rust free S1 tailgate and both rear doors in mint condition for an extra £50, which is a total bargain!

The photo's are old, and it will be fitted tomorrow with everything I can put back on, and stuff that isn't removed for welding.
NEW PHOTO'S WILL BE COMING SOON.

I'm after £450, i'm spending another £50 on a genuine front wiper motor, new hazzard switch amongst other expensive bits. I am open to offers but this needs to be gone ASAP!

-I have a 1979 S1 Golf L, done 87000ish genuine miles
-It's 99% complete with all the expensive S1 parts (centre console, interior, rear light sets etc) + additional extra's.
-It has a (Still as 1litre on Logbook) 1.3 Polo Injection that runs great (super high sump meaning you could slam it), running the 4 speed original box.
-It's Indianrot Red, with a beige/brown interior, just missing the passenger seat, but has seat covers ready to fit on a new seat from a matching set.
-It's had a a whole new front panel & crossmember which needs a bit of adjusting, had the two rear arches repaired to high quality standard, it's generally unmolested and original.
-5 X Standard 13" Steels, with great tyres (inc. spare with original jack) - disregard the random front drivers wheel in pics, it's not fitted anymore.
-The lower half of the paint isn't the greatest, and could do with a nice black lowerhalf, the rear arches have been smoothed ready for painting but i've given them a coat with a rattle can to help protect from rain when it's not been covered up.
-It has MOT certificates etc, I have the V5 in my name, and original sales booklet etc.
-A great base for a daily, it need's a little bit more welding, specifically the rear drivers beam mount (which I include a pair of panels for, even though the otherside is fine), a small section in the tyre well, bit of rust on rear passenger door along bottom, and small sections on both sides of the rear valance where it meets the arches.
- It just needs going around getting the little jobs finishing on her, a few scraper seals, a few electrical gremlins, fitting rear lights and finish assembling her properly.
-The only thing that lets her down is mostly the lower paint work, the rear passenger door's laquer has cracked which could do with rubbing back to make perfect as the paint below is fine.

Cheers,
Alex

1979 S1 MK1 Golf L FOR SALE! http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=101471
1970 VW Beetle 1600 Twin 34 ICT\'s - Betty
1973 Marathon Beetle - The Moll\'s
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.