Back to the top

Original 1990 Red Mk1 Golf Clipper

Model, Golf Cabriolet  
Spec/Trim option Clipper
Year of manufacture 1990
Mileage 154302
Price Looking for £2000 oto
Location Southampton
Contact details Either contact me on the forum, email payne_mp@hotmail.co.uk or call 07772773818
Condition  
Service history Since purchase it has been maintained by a family friend who owns his own garage and can answer any questions around the service history.
Mot expiry Date August 2011
Taxed or sorn Sorn presently and living in a dry garage.

Hi, I am selling this Golf Cabriolet on behalf on my fiancées mother, this is her description of a very loved car.

"I have owned the car for 11 years and I am the third owner. The paintwork is in great condition however the bumpers were fading, there was small rust hole in the panel under the windscreen and the lacquer around the aerial was peeling so I had these rectified last year.  Apart from that, bodywork is all original and in great condition. I replaced the outer skin on the hood in 2003 as the original was splitting a lot however the hood itself is completely original.
I had it changed to a manual choke some years ago as the automatic one was sticking, however apart from that she is mechanically sound.  I have most of the MoT certificates dating back to 1993 and lots of additional paperwork from her history.  There is minor rust coming from the rear window surround and a leak into the boot from the hood, easily fixed.  The tilt mechanism on the seats needs attention, but this has not stopped it passing an MoT for the last 10 years!  It will need a drive shaft replacing.  The rest of it is in very good condition, especially when you consider the age!  A very much loved car which has done us proud for many years, sadly personal circumstances dictate the sale."

Talking on behalf of my fiancées mum I can honestly say this is a brilliant original example of a solid and well loved cabby.  Having looked her over she has no major rust issues and no welding required, a bit of TLC and you will have a beauty that will keep on going.  The only reason she has been in the garage since winter is due to affordability and the cost of having two cars running otherwise she would still be out and about. Please contact me for any specific questions about the car or for more photos, more than happy to go into detail.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.