Price: £1,600
Contact details: 07976 699020 or bradford@cs2.co.uk
Condition: Daily Driver
Service history: Some
Mot expiry Date: May 2010
Taxed or sorn: Taxed May 2010

Description:

Hi Guys

I am selling my 1983 MK1 GTI as I am planning on going travelling and need some much needed cash to help fund the trip. The car was was purchased last year and since i have spent around £500.00 replacing some parts to try and bring it back to its original specification, most notably, original German MK1 GTI shocks and springs thoughout.

The above photo is of the car when i bought it and since have rasied the suspension and puchased an original GTI badge for the front grille. I will take some more photos of the car in the next few days.

In addition to new shocks and springs, i have had the heater matrix replaced as this was broken when i purchsed the car along with original new coolant hoses, replacement rocker cover gasket and rewired the front lights, all carried out by a VW specialst garage in Northampton.

Overall the car is in good condition, with the only non standard fitting being the Pioneer cd player and rear speakers. The bodywork is in very good condition throughout with only one minor dent on the front wing and no sections of rust apart from a tiny section on the rear wing. In addition to the bodywork being in good condition, the previous owner had replaced the exhaust system with a new original single pipe system, which is in brand new condition. All four tyres have a good amount of tread and will be good for a few thousand miles to come.

The engine still pulles strong for its age and has only struggled to start once during the heavy snowfall in December and has been good as new since.

The cars last MOT test highlighted no advisories and is a credit to a car of its age.

In summary:

GOOD POINTS

In original condition throughout with Original Solid Black paintwork

Pioneer CD player

New original standard suspension throughout

4 fairly new tyres

Exhaust system under 1 year old

Bodywork in good condition

TAX and MOT until MAY 2010

Strong 1.8 litre engine

BAD POINTS

Minor rust spot on rear wing

Windscreen wiper motor needs charging as wipers start slow

Original Pirelli alloy wheels are in average condition and could do with a respray if desired and require centre caps.

Drivers seat bolster is worn on exit side - Very common

I am open to sensible offers and please feel free to come and inspect the car and to arrange a meeting either call me on 07976 699020 or email me to bradford@cs2.co.uk

Ben
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.