Skip navigation

MK1 Golf GTI Cabby 1988 for sale 1.8

Back to the top
Model: Mk1 Golf GTI Cabriolet

Spec/Trim option: GTI with Karman Body kit

Year of manufacture: 1988
Mileage: 96976
Price: £4200 ONO
Contact details:  Golf1.jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg thumbnail_image4.jpg thumbnail_image5.jpg thumbnail_image6.jpg thumbnail_image8.jpg thumbnail_image9.jpg thumbnail_image10.jpg
Condition: Requires some work
Service history: some
Mot expiry Date: EXP - aug 22
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTI Cabriolet with Karman body kit.
1.8 GTI Kjet engine
96976 genuine miles.

Interior - Requires new bolsters on drivers seat. Other than that it is in fair condition.
Exterior - Paint work in good condition in most places, laquer has peeled off in the tops of the wings and the bumpers need re painting. some small spots of surface rust where it meets the hood.

Hood - Requires complete replacement! would leak like a sieve but ive only ever driven it with the hood down so it wasn't a priority for me!

The car has been garaged up until now. ive had it around 5-6 years, and the owner before me for around 10 years where it was also kept in a garage. Unfortunately i no longer have use of a garage hense reason for sale.

underbody - Solid underneath, with 1 small spot by the rear seat belt housing requiring welding 2 years ago. This was done straight away and i asked the mechanic to look for any other areas that were showing signs of rust, which there wasnt.

There wasn't any service history with the car when i bought it, but i have had it serviced since, and had the timing belt replaced a couple of years ago as i didnt want to take the chance. its probably only done a couple hundred miles since then.

mechanically its sound, and has always started first time with hardly any cranking.

The last mot failed on a ball joint and a headlight which was repaired straight away. Its done less than 100 miles since.

Car has an immobiliser fitted. Both original keys present.

Certainly a project car that requires some TLC to bring it back to its original condition. Ive just enjoyed taking it out for the odd spin on nice clear days, and if thats what you want its also ready to go.

Also comes with a hood cover which isn't pictured

Located in Northamptonshire near Crick village, just off the M1 Junction 18.

Last edit: by DaveGTIcab

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.