Skip navigation

Mk1 golf GTI 1983 campaign ish black 1800

Back to the top

Mk1 golf GTI 1983 campaign ish black 1800

I have a mk1 golf GTI for sale

It's a 1983 in black and is very nearly a campaign car, it's one letter away on the chassis no. But has nearly all the correct campaign options, the car is completely standard with a hole heap of paperwork, i inface addded up the recepts and the bill came to £10,227 and that doesn't inc a bill of sale from 1986 also has service books and 99% of its mots since its 1st!!! I'm the 3rd owner of the car and the guy I got the car from had it for the last 10 years he used it to commute a round trip of 135 miles a day so unfortunately put most of its mileage on the car 170,000 but it was all motorway so it didn't really bother me at all, the car has a full year mot and I've put 6 months tax on it as well, I've just been using it to go to work and its brilliant, really brings a smile to me face every time I drive it, it has factory tin sunroof, green glass, MFA, triple stripe on the side, I bought the car non running as the owner took the cam belt off to replace it and got stuck and gave up on it, he has spent a fair amount on the car inc a full exhaust system (standard vw) all the fuel lines replaced and new fuel tank, I've replaced cam belt and fan belt, water pump and plugs and fuel filter, I will also be replacing what I believe to be a drive shaft this weekend as I can hear a annoying knocking, the only thing that this car don't have that wod make it an actual campaign car is the p slots and that one letter on the chassis! Also this car is not rusty having been under sealed from the factory, the top mounts are covered in it but survived because of it, and it's never been welded! Right now for the other bits, alto this car is very straight it could do with a bit of tidying hear and there, it's not concours but just used, could do with some stone chips repairing and a bit of touching up hear and there but as is very usable the passenger door looks like its had a bad paint job so I've sourced a replacement door that will come with the car, headlining could do with attention and alto the drivers seat has been repaired and again wouldn't need doing if you just wanted to use the car it isn't perfect, but that's personal choice, I will also inc a new set of top mounts (the ones on the car don't need replacing but these were given to me) and a replacement cylinder head also given to me, it's basically a good honest GTI that needs a good home, im having to give up my job so as I already have 2 other cars the golf has to go, viewing is welcome and as I do very random hours is best to call to arrange, please no humming and tutting the car is what it is and I'm no rush to sell it so don't be silly with offers (some bloke even said "il give you £500 for it") I've looked at the current going rates for these and I'm not asking anything like that, I recon the condition is easily an E on your pricing section and with its tax and mot worth £2,350 all day long, but im not set on that price so make me an offer!!!!! Mike 07799645200

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.