Mileage: 97k
Price:?750ono
Contact details:ratter71@live.co.uk
Condition: daily driver
Service history:none
Mot expiry Date:Aug 10
Taxed or sorn:end sept 09

Description:

Im having to sell my mk1 GX. This is the mk1 run-out model, GTi interior in a 5dr with the 1500 JB engine and 5 speed (4+E) box.
I had plans for this but work posting me 40 miles away and a fire in my rented workshop means i havent got the time to devote to it whilst doing a full beetle resto!
The car is unmolested, rough round the edges but unmodified other than a new-old-stock 36TLP Weber with manual choke i fitted a few months ago.

Good bits:
Interior is spot on, no rips/tears on the bolsters, no holes in rear shelf
Weber carb is a vast improvement on the original pierburg
on the whole bodywork is solid
1500 is as big as you can go and keep in the low tax bracket
fuel filler neck is sound, been replaced?

Not so good bits:
Paint work is rough in places, especially round the tailgate where someones painted it a different shade??
Stonechip in windscreen, could possibly be repaired
revcounter sticks a bit and the led in temp gauge randomly glows a bit dim (never over heats and ive flushed the cooling system)

Its currently on mk3 golf steels with 2 new continentals and 2 ok michelins, have got the original alloys to go with it but the tyres arent holding air too good

*EDIT*update. Took the goof in for MOT on wednesday, failed on 2 front springs, 2 exhaust rubbers and deteriorated rear no plate (advisory on chip in windscreen). Ive sorted the exhaust rubbers, put new rear plate on and rebuilt the front struts with new springs, new shock absorbers and new top mounts! I didnt like the idea of new springs/old dampers and they looked slightly weepy so went the whole hog.

Had retest today and it passed so now has 12 months on it and new front suspension!!

Pricewise looking for ?750 ono
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.