Skip navigation

MK1 Cabriolet 1983 Yellow for sale.

Back to the top

MK1 Cabriolet 1983 Yellow for sale.

Well im about to sell my Yellow Mk 1 cabriolet as i have a MK3 VR6 which is havin a lot of work done so i need the extra funds as its nearly ready. so unfortunatley its goin to have to go.
The car has been in the family for around seven years with the ownership being changed into my name in May 2007 for insurance purposes only as it was formaly owned by my Dad.
After reading an article in a Golf related magazine he  found out the Yellow is very rare and only about 4 are known to still exist in the UK. (please correct me if any of you know different, as this came from a golf magazine article, that was published a couple of years ago, by a fellow yellow golf owner, who my dad got in contact with). This was due to get attain the colour yellow at the time of manufacture (1983), high concentrations of lead were needed, so the paint was banned.

Since Jan this year it has had the following work carried out:

2 new front wings and a new rear valence and sills stone chipped.
New gearbox linkages.
New backbox and manifold down pipe.
New cd player

The interior is in very good condition apart from the cracks in the top door strips.
The body is overal very good with the only issue left is a small patch of rust on the bottom of the passenger side window. other than that its all good although if i was goin to keep it any longer i would personally respray the bumpers and wheel arches.

The car itself is a 1983 GLi which is now fitted with a mk2 GTi 8v engine. The car has done 99,000 and the engine 130,000 It has been in the family for around 7 years with 6 months MOT and 3 months tax left.

?1650 ono.

Back to the top
Funny that, someone was looking for a yellow Cabby just the other week. Do a search and see if he's interested.

Tian :wink:

Back to the top
That'll be 3 left then….

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top
I have one of the other survivors. Its a completely original Lagos Yellow Gli Cabriolet with 75,000 genuine miles. I'm up in Sctland and its used every day by my wife. It's in immaculate condition

Back to the top
I,ve recently bought 1of the missing yellow cabbys and its in nowhere near as good condition as yours.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.