Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 GTi 1800 For Sale £1000 OVNO

Back to the top

GOLF MK1 GTi 1800 For Sale £1000 OVNO

Golf Mk1 Gti 1800 (1982) for Sale £1000 ovno

Hi there.  I am a GP based in South Wales, near Swansea.  I am selling my Golf which has been SORN since 1982.  I held onto it hoping to get it back on the road (taken off only for practical reasons after taking a job which required a lot of driving).  It has been kept outside but under a cover since then, so there has been some deterioration in the body work but it is essentially sound and has the potential for bringing up to concourse condition without having to replace everything!  I am reluctantly letting it go to an enthusiasts home as I have developed hand eczema which prevents me from getting my hands covered and doing the work that I always intended to get it back on the road.  The last work I did on it was replace the fuel line (fiddly!) and the NS front spring.  The tank has been kept half full with petrol since it was taken off the road.  I was fastidious about replacing the engine oil regularly, and only ever used the synthetic / semi-synthetic oils (mostly Mobil 1).

The main details are: Llhasa green metallic paint, FF sunroof (with very little rust in the seals); 115664 miles; full MOT history (bar the 2000/2001 certificate) and almost complete SORN history; all the receipts; accident history (some with photos) - there have been no high speed collisions; servicing history has been largely my own (much of it recorded).  There was one former owner who bought the car in Germany in 1983 (original sales receipt in German) as a RHD where he was based with the RAF.  He imported it into the UK in 1986 and I bought it off him in 1989 off the base near Hinchingbrooke.  The car had around 36000 miles on it at the time and the rest is all mine. Other features include a stainless steel exhaust and I will throw in the Alpine radio and Alpine 5 CD changer (both removed whilst car has been SORN - so should still be working perfectly).

I have photos online at:

Photos online here

Also, on youtube, the car being started up - see below.

Three of the tyres no longer hold air so I expect but it shouldn't be too difficult getting it on a trailer if you you have one.  If it was to be towed then you'd need to arrange four new tyres for it before it could go (or bring wheels with you to put on here).  I'd be happy to change the tyres if you decided to go down this route, but this would need to be paid for up front.

Cheers
Chris

Chris
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.