Skip navigation

Golf GTI X-reg 1600 (white with original paint) LOOK!

Back to the top

Golf GTI X-reg 1600 (white with original paint) LOOK!

Mark 1 golf GTI X-reg 1600

Here I have for sale my golf mark 1 GTI 1600 I?m really reluctant to sell it but unfortunately I cant afford to keep it as I?m a student and the running of it is too much.

This car has a huge amount of good points starting with the fact it?s all original with no welding or work carried out on the body apart from a new front wing. All the paint is original with no re sprayed parts other than the wing it also has the original graphic stripes on the sides. The inner wings are in very good condition with no rust and have been rust protected on both the inner and outer. All the floors are completely solid with no rust even coming through and the tailgate is also in very good condition with no rust on the seem of the boot (common mark 1 rust sport) The pick ups are also good again this is another common rust sport. The sunroof is also in very good condition with no rust. The interior is also very good apart from the bolster wear on the driver?s seat there in no burns or rips. All in all for a 30 year old car I would say it?s in excellent original condition. The engine runs very well with no smoke and has a lot of life left and still goes and pulls very well the engine has been complete serviced and has a new clutch and cam belt. All the front end suspension is new with all new bushes and gas shocks, very good Pirelli tires and re conditioned wheels. Below shows a complete list of new parts:

New Parts:
New break hoses flexes front and back ?30
New metal break pipe back left ?10
New accelerator cable ?15
New clutch ?60
New track rod ends ?15
New wishbones ?30
New front shock absorbers (gas) ?60
New springs ?40
New window seals ?22
N/plate backing ?20
Repair kit gear linkage ?20
Front spoiler GTI ?30
Break master cylinder ?45
New steering rack boots ?5
New cam belt ?10
New ball joints ?18
New door handles ?30
New ignition switch ?8
All new bushes ?15
New down pipe exhaust ?35
New mid section exhaust ?35
New air filter ?8
New oil filter ?5
All New bulbs ?20
Fuel filter ?10
New top mounts ?20
New wipers ?30
New GTI badge ?10
New tires ?120
New hazard switch ?10
New water pipe metal ?15

Recites for most items the car has covered around 300 miles since the new parts were fitted.

The car as been re shelled using a very good driver shell using all the plates etc at some point in its life. The car comes with 6 months Tax and a years MOT. I?m open to offers but I?m looking for ?2000 for it because there is over 1000 of new bits and finding an un restored original painted shell with no rust is rare. Feel free to give me a ring on 01926641466, 07813985431 or email me on the posting.

Mileage: 160,000
Tax: 6 months
MOT: 1 Year
Colour: white (original paint and side decal stripes)
Owners from new: 3

Any more pictures wanted just ask Cheers Jonny

Mark 1 Golf GTI 1982 1.6 owner!
Mark 2 Golf GTI 1986 owner!

Back to the top
Hi there - whereabouts are you? (sorry if I've missed it!)

Cheers

Back to the top
I'm in Warwickshire, near Stratford upon Avon (Shakespeare?s birth place) open to offers…

cheers jonny

Back to the top
to buy or not to buy :)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

Back to the top
i dont know it looks like the original driver 1? its in very good condition tho no rust. cheers jonny

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.