Skip navigation

For Sale. White 1987 Golf GTi Mk1 Cabriolet 106000 miles

Back to the top

For Sale. White 1987 Golf GTi Mk1 Cabriolet 106000 miles

For Sale. White 1987 Golf GTi Mk1 Cabriolet  106000 miles

Dear All, sadly, I am forced to sell my beloved Golf. It is in pretty good nick, but is certainly not a minter. Purchased in December 2003 and kept in a nice dry garage ever since. The previous owner kept it under a breathable cover in a dry looking car port for five years .

As usual, the idea was to get a nicish one and then do it up over a number of years. Hmm.  :?  Cost me ?1100 back then. I wanted a car to run around in and not worry about rather than a show car. Work done includes:-

* new roof when purchased. Looks as new because kept under cover except when driven.
* replaced wheels with Seat ones with decent tyres (the previous ones were really corroded and the tyres were had it).
* replaced the almost seized up and useless standard front brakes with uprated calipers, grooved disks and "Green Stuff" pads. Works slightly better than normal when cold but brilliant once warm.
* New Sony MP3 CD head unit linked to 2x 8" sub woofer and 200W RMS amp in boot. Speakers all replaced but originals kept. Not as loud as it sounds!
* Original front seats have lost all their stuffing. They are kept in the garage roof at the moment and much more comfortable but much les pretty Mk2 seats in place. You are welcome to take them as well.
* usual running repairs including regular services, new battery in November, new alternator last year.
* There is very little rust on top or underneath. Nice and dry inside. The grand plan was to wait until I could afford it and then strip it and give it a full respray. I've rubbed down any rust and put on spots of smoothrite. Yes, I know it is a bodge. The car has been poked up the bumper by a van with a tow hook which punctured the rear plactic bumper.
* Interior is as you would expect for a twenty year old car. The usual Mk1 problem of door caps cracking. It has got electric front windows but usual 1980's slow. All glass intact with no cracks or scratches. I've got a spare rear screen. All electrics appear to work.
* Just connected the battery and she started up first time after being laid up all winter. Doesn't appear to burn any oil. No mayo in the filler cap. Some oil seeps through the top gasket as you can see. No worse than when I got it. Engine runs smoothly and seems to pull well. Gearbox is no worse than other Mk1s I've tried. No noise and does not kick out of gear. Clutch appears OK with no slip. Silencer appears sound.

The car does not have any tax at the moment (SORN) and the MOT will run out soon but I will get it MOTd if a purchase is  agreed.

I would really like ?1000 as I need the money to get a house for my children and me following a divorce (violin music please maestro) but am open to offers and would be pleased to hear suggestions from other members.

Thanks for reading. I would rather the car go to a good home with a club member than just putting it in the paper or eBay.

Have a look at the pictures here:-

i2cdave | Flickr

Any queries including requests for more pictures, please let me know.

Regards,

Dave Goodman.

Back to the top
Whats your location??

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top

Sorry, pretty basic info that! Location:- Epsom, Surrey, KT18 5QH

Back to the top
good luck with sale
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.