Skip navigation

Clipper Cabrio 1992, 86K, £1800 ono

Back to the top

Clipper Cabrio 1992, 86K, £1800 ono

I originally got this car in a very bad state after it had been in a barn for 5 years and have brought it back to life. The engine is very solid only 86,000 miles.
For engine mods really all I've done is clean it up, replace the fan belt and paint a few bits. I also replaced the fuel filter with a chrome and glass one.

It's got MOT till June and no tax at the moment as I can't afford to tax it.

Also I won best cabrio at the Gti Fest 2 years ago.

Over the past year and a half I have done the following:

- Redone the brakes. Replaced front pads, rear shoes and drums. All brake lines replaced and front flexible hoses done June this year. New fluid too. Brakes now work great.
- Replaced rear wheel bearings.
- Replaced all 4 springs with 40mm lowered JR Springs.
- New Dotz Paladium wheels with Toyo Proxies all round. Tyres are all still in excellent condition. One wheel has been curbed a bit thanks to impatient driver while parking. All the rest are perfect.
- Front sport seats installed.
- Removed all interior and replaced floor insulation, cleaned all carpets and seats.
- Scrubbed every little bit of trim as it was covered in grime.
- New blue mohair roof last year.
- Fixed electric roof now works perfect.
- Electric windows all working.
- Replaced steering wheel with nice retro leather steering wheel.
- Replaced rear light clusters and side repeaters.
- Cleaned up rear badges.
- New German metal pressed number plates.
- Still have original cover for roof when down.
- Added chrome side strips that I'm still not convinced of, but I haven't found and originals yet.
- Chrome inserts for door handles.
- New MP3 stereo.
- New leather gear stick gaiter and knob.

To add to this I have the original owners manual too.
There is service history up to 52,000 miles and I know it was a bit unloved for a few years, but I've done a huge amount to the car since.

The paintwork is in a reasonable condition, one rust spot on the passenger door and some faint flaking off the rear wheel arch trim and various scratches. I'm not sure if it's the original paint job but it does seem to look really purple in sunlight at the right angle.

£1,800 o.n.o.

Please PM me any questions you have and I'm open to viewings any time.
I'm located in Bedford. buzz me on 07908738525 with any questions.
You can email me on marc.beaumont@ntlworld.com or PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.