Skip navigation

Amazing retro 1983 mk1 5dr. manual. non sunroof ?1195ono

Back to the top

Amazing retro 1983 mk1 5dr. manual. non sunroof ?1195ono

Hi.

I have decided to sell my time-warp 1983 mk1 golf.
It?s a 5 door, non sunroof 1500cc GL fitted with a 5 speed manual gearbox.
I?m selling it to fund my Mk1 Caddy project which is a shame as mk1?s like this don?t come up often but I need to free up the cash to finish the Caddy.
This car really does have to be seen. It?s awesome.
Apart from the odd little stone chip (not noticeable unless looking hard) the paintwork is great and apart from a very very small spot on the boot (pic can be provided) there is no rust, even underneath (MOT station couldn?t believe how clean the underside is). Pics of common rust points can be supplied.
It has chrome window surrounds, rub strips, lower sill strips, and grill all of which are in good condition.
The interior is brown and cream and is pretty much immaculate. Tan carpets and matching doorcards, cream seats and brown dash and has a Wolfsburg steering wheel VDO dials and Blaupunkt stereo.
All electrics work perfectly.
The engine has done 130k miles, starts on the button and runs brilliantly. It?s just been serviced and tuned (timing, carb etc). The auto choke sometimes plays up so sometimes when cold you need to keep the revs up for 30 seconds to a minute and then its fine. After that its spot on.
It?s also fitted with a top fill radiator.
I?m the 4th owner from new and bought it from an elderly chap who had owned it for the last 11 years.
It has full stamped service history in the book up to 100k miles and absolutely loads of other receipts for parts both before and after that mileage.
I?ve just re MOTed the car so it has 12 months and it went straight through and did not fail on anything (has only done 2000 miles since the last one)
All tyres have lots of tread on them.

This really is a great little car and you won?t find one better short of spending thousands on one that has been stripped and restored.

Give me a shout on 07813 149120 or email stevemerceruk@yahoo.com for more details/pics.
I?m in Fareham Hampshire

?1195 ono
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.