Skip navigation

2001 'Y Reg' Mk1 GTI

Back to the top

2001 'Y Reg' Mk1 GTI

Well its time to let our trusty Golf go..

We have had it for about 5 years now and its been 100% reliable daily driver and done many long trips also. Mileage is 99,000 KM (65,000 miles), believed to have been imported from new.
Drives absolutely spot on, no knocks bangs etc, engine is sweet and quiet, gearbox, steering, brakes etc all great. I have had a few Mk1's and have never driven one anywhere near as nice as this, i would and often do use it for work driving 2 - 300 miles in a day. it has a bluetooth stereo with hands free and streaming capability. Toad alarm linked to central locking (but not on boot)
There is no rust at all apart from a couple of tiny surface scabs under the bonnet on the closing panel, i am fairly sure these were zonc treated at the factory so are not prone to any rust. Paintwork is really shiny as it has been looked after well, there are a few scrapes on the corners but nothing major at all, these are on the bumpers & body kit so easy repair, there are two very small dents on the roof that have appeared recently but no idea where from. The bodykit is a BBS one that does show a little bit of red underneath in one place so is obviously not original to the car but it is an exact match colour wise, as far as i can see the bodykit could be removed without damage to the body so would be easy to take back to original and should have virtually no marks on it at all then.There is a very slight dent on the rear of the bootlid where the gti badge is, it is hardly noticeable, also the rear trim sticker need replacing on the bootlid (easily available on ebay) Hope im not making this sound too bad but would rather tell every last bad bit for anyone before they travel. The wheels are not original to the car but Pirelli P slots instead, i do have the centre caps for these somewhere also. The inside is in great condition with a slightly modern twist to the original mk1. In five years this car has never let us down once, starts every morning no problems, we have had a new battery and recent cam belt change. MOT is until next April, it has never failed an MOT yet :o) Tax is due fairly soon, Nov i think.
As far as i know this must be one of the newest if not the newest Mk1 in the country unless anyone can tell me different ?
Price is £3,250 which i think is a fair price for a great looking car with the reliability of a new car. It turns heads whenever i go out in it, reason for selling is my other half damaging her left arm so we have to go for something automatic and with Power steering now otherwise this would be with us for a very long time to come.Also comes with a winter cover.

We are in the midlands, near Derby. Anyway here are some pictures

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.