Skip navigation

1992 K Plate Cabby with 12 Mths MOT

Back to the top

1992 K Plate Cabby with 12 Mths MOT

Hi all, woke up this morning and finally realised that I'm never going to have the time to finish this car, nor will I ever have enough spare cash to pay to have it fixed up and sprayed.
It's a 1992 injection Cabriolet in LK5T InkaBlau, the are 92402 genuine miles on the clock. It has power roof (Black Vinyl) and windows, good clean late interior. Just past its MOT on 7/8/08, needed brakes sorting thats it. New discs, drums, shoes and bearings. 2 owners before me, quite a bit of history, old bills etc, stamped VAG service book until 53K miles. The cambelt was done at 72K miles. Autowatch immobiliser with certificate. Now before anyone gets too excited here's the bad stuff.
Has had a bump at the back, bootlid has been replaced, but there is some minor body damaged, quoted ?300 to put right as it'll need paint. While in the storage yard someone has keyed 3 panels, together with the chips on the bonnet the car will need a full spray to look right again.
Most importantly the car was classed as a CAT C write off, this was after being appraised with the paintwork damage and a ?3600 main dealer estimate ?2100 of which was for the respray. The car drives and engine and gearbox are fine, although there is some clutch judder when setting off. If the car sells as a whole I'll include a Borg and Beck clutch kit. I'm looking for ?500 as it is, or if I get enough interest in the roof, windows etc I could be tempted to break it. Car is in Manchester, please call me on 07922331119 if interested, I can send pictures or you can pop round have a cup of tea and a good look around.
Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
Where are you in manchester, send pics to butler8 sky .com

Back to the top
Andy he's in prestwich but hands off  :lol:

Back to the top

MalC said

Andy he's in prestwich but hands off  :lol:
you wouldn`t buy a floppy top … would you..??

Back to the top

92 Cabby for sale

Sorry guys (MalC in particular) went for a test drive this morning with a member of the forum who lives down the road from me, we discovered that there may be a head gasket problem. Now I've run the car for up to an hour on the drive, and all through the MOT test without any problems. After a 5 minute run up and down the road, we found a bit of the milky stuff on the bottom of the oil filler cap. With this in mind, and considering the state of the car, I've decided to break her up for parts. Even though the MOT cost ?100, it's still going to work out better for me if I sell on the power roof, electric windows, interior, doors, bonnet etc. I've bought a 1987 Helios Blue Cabby with a good body off eBay which has no MOT etc and will need finishing off, so I hope to make enough cash back to enable me to get a new manual roof and what ever else the new (less time and money consuming) project needs.
Can someone tell me how I go about stopping this thread, I'll start a new one up in Parts for Sale.
Cheers
Chris

Back to the top
ok mate no problem

Back to the top
may not be head gasket is it loosing water and what sort of temperature does it sit at, has it been sat around for a while without an oil change,

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
Gonna say the same thing mate, condensation in the engine can cause milky residue on the filler cap especially if the cars been stood around in all weathers or even just left in a garage and not used

get a proper chemical test done on it, takes 2 minutes

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Milky crap is also caused by short journeys!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.