Skip navigation

1989 Mk1 Convertible Clipper auto 72k miles, offers

Back to the top

1989 Mk1 Convertible Clipper auto 72k miles, offers

for sale is my metallic blue F reg 1.8 Clipper auto, 72000 miles, 2 owners from new, blue with blue mohair hood, grey cloth interior

ive owned the car for the last 8 years and my mrs used the car every day for work. The previous owner was lovely old (minted!!) lady who had only put 32k on it in the first 14 years!

im selling because my mrs wanted a change and i dont have room or storage for the car (its covered on the drive now)

genuine low mileage with some history and a quite a few receipts since ive owned it.

I had an inexpensive respray done 2 yrs ago along with a brand new mohair hood and new alloys and tyres (tyres have only done about 2k so virtually brand new, wheels have been scuffed a bit but then it has been driven by the mrs!!!). Some little scrote put a key down the side across two panels about a week after id had it resprayed…its not deep and may polish out, took a pic of this but it doesnt come out on the photo. The are no other marks on bodywork other than on the nearside front bumper, light scuff needs spray (have pics, send me yr email address and ill send to you).

NO RUST!

had new head gasket about 5 yrs ago fitted by Vindis VW in Bedford, new fuel filler neck last year.

NO MOT OR TAX, car is SORN and hasnt been run for about 6 months now

AUTO GEARBOX - RARE

Interior is good, one small cigarette burn on drivers seat, cloth check interior. New sony single cd radio, original speakers

Basically the car has never been thrashed since owned, has no mods at all other than the new wheels.

I am open to offers as i just need to sell to someone whose going to just finish tidying it up….there may be a bit of mechanical work to do as its been out of action for a while…battery was new but its flat at moment but it was a daily runner only 3 months ago

Hopefully you can see that im being as straight as i can with this…its a good little motor, be sad to see it go but i just dont have the commitment or space anymore to run it!

in all id say id be happy with £1000 for it bearing in mind the new hood and wheels/tyres which cost me exactly that!!

anyone interested please call on 07702 357536 or mail me via forum - I can take a few more pics for anyone interested

thanks
Rob
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.