Skip navigation

1989 MK1 Clipper Cab

Back to the top

1989 MK1 Clipper Cab

REDUCED TO £1500 FOR QUICK SALE

Also listed on ebay where you will find pictures: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130514850906&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I was offered more than this a few weeks ago and should have taken it. I moving soon so now need to sell asap. It was a good price before - this is now a bargain. I am open to offers as I have to sell the car or it will be parked up on my parents drive 50 miles away until I can either sell it or find a garage for long-term storage. Nothing hidden here - a good genuine and solid car which is going to be a great buy for someone.

Details below:
I'm selling my fairly recently acquired and much loved G reg 1989 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet for two reasons: 1) 1 am being forced to move for work and at our new place we won't have room to keep a second car, 2) When I bought it last year my mission was to buy a family car and it clearly isn't great for kids in the back (heart ruled over head and now head is fighting back). I've done less than 1000 miles in it and it was being prepared for this summer - sadly someone else is now going to have that pleasure. It has been garaged during my ownership and I am the tenth keeper.

It has a brand new MOT which will expire on 29th March 2012. Tax to end of October 2011. Current mileage is 113,520. Previous MOT mileage was at 112,796.

I've tried to describe it's condition as best I can below but please ask if you have any questions. This is a good honest car and I'm not hiding any nasty stuff. I'm looking for £1500ono. It is not concours condition but is in a different league to the cabs you see selling for a grand or less.

Mechanically:

When I bought it, it did need a few things doing as listed below and as you can see I have had them all done with receipts to prove. Mechanically it is absolutely sound - any inspection is welcome. Whatever has needed doing has been done immediately and I have receipts for thousands in the 9 months I've had it. It drives really well. It is lowered by about 20mm all around on the JOMs but they are adjustable should you want it higher or lower - the ride is perfect for me.

Body, wheels and hood:

Originally it was on 17inch wheels which some muppet must have put on it. These immediately came off and were replaced with some nice 15 inch newly renovated BBS RA alloys which I paid £350 because of the condition - they are perfect. Toyo tyres all round and in good condition. Not sure of the age of the hood but there are no leaks at all or tears etc - it won't need replacing anytime soon and I'm happy for it to go through a car wash as a test of its water-tightness. Lining on the hood is fine but could do with a clean.

Chasis is all fine, it has been on ramps to be checked and no problems underneath. No major rust at all on the panels but there are a couple of minor scratches and tiny rust patches here and there. You can't see them until you're up close but they are worth mentioning. I've photographed the worst on the rear bumper. I'm just trying to be honest so there is no confusion when viewed- you can see from the pictures that it is in great condition and I wouldn't worry about them.

Interior and electrics:

Again I've replaced everything that needed to be replaced and all works well. Carpets don't have tears but there is a small wear hole on the dirvers-side carpet under the mat (the plastic bit) - I've taken a photo of it but obviously with the mats down you wouldn't see it. Seats have no holes except a slight tear on the rear seat by the on-side lap belt - again photographed. Also seat bolster has lost some foam on driver's side seat. All other cloth is in good condition and not threadbare anywhere. It does look like there are some slight water stains on the front seats from a previous leak and I've not tried to remove them yet but would imagine that if you gave them a valet, they'd be great.  To be honest this summer I intended to recover the seats in leather and replace the grey carpets for black but you really wouldn't need to do this - it is just my preference. Again, let me say I'm giving an honest description - they are in god nick. Fitted with TOAD alarm and immobilizer. One hinge on the glove box is broken but you can't tell unless you open it.

Work done since August 2010:

Full service, all oils, filters etc changed

All electrics including wiring, switches and bulbs checked. Most bulbs replaced - exception of rear heated screen doesn't work nor interior light and I've not bothered to fix them yet or look into why.

Alarm checked by auto-electrician and all working correctly

New fuel gauge and sender unit fitted

New radiator and water pump

New rear exhaust and silencer

K&N air filter

JOM Coilover suspension kit fitted with new top mounts

Weber carb conversion fitted with manual choke

New JBL 6x4" speakers fitted front and rear with new wiring and JVC face-off stereo with aux input for MP3/ipod

New badgeless single headlight front grill conversion

New speedo cable

All interior trim replaced where needed including window winder handles, door bins and seat belt trim

New rocker cover and inlet manifold gaskets fitted with new bolts

Rear wheel bearing replaced

Front CV boot replaced

Camber check and alignment

Dash vent kit fitted

New battery fitted in March 2011. The battery is also on a quick connect maintenance charger that can go with the car.

I can't think that I've missed anything but give me a shout if something is that you need to know. I should add that i'm more than happy for test drives but i'd like the money in my hand first due to a problem that occurred when selling a car a few years ago. You'll get the cash back as soon as the keys are back in my hand! Otherwise i'm happy to drive people as passengers on a test drive.

After a couple of questions i've received here are some more details: It has a dealership service history up to 86,000 miles and all original documents and handbook. I've kept the original pierbub carb and front grill and there is a box of bits that can go with it as well.

Thanks for looking.

www.salientphotography.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.