Price " 1100"
Location "Morecambe"
Contact details "cychmark@aol.com or tel 01524854045"
Condition "good"
Service history "lots"
Mot expiry Date "July 2012"
Taxed or sorn "5 months tax"

Hi all

I've just put my car up for sale locally and I thought I'd also offer somebody on here the chance to buy before I put it on ebay.

It's a helios blue 1989 F-reg 1.8 clipper with 99800k pretty much unmolested. It has power steering, and 3 point fitted rear seat belts. Just last week passed its MOT and is ready for the summer. I've had her for two years and clocked up around 1200k since I bought her. I have a full folder of history.

Body work and underneath is solid with only a few tiny scabs on the rear driver side wing just under where the clips are for the tonneau roof cover, there is also a small dent in the boot lid and a bit of a scuff and tiny dent on the passenger front wing. Other than those and the usual small stone chips on the bonnet and front end it looks great.

Interior is very clean (I valeted it a few months back) original and only the driver seat bolster is torn, its only about a 3-4 inch tear though and I've seen a hell of a lot worse, also a small what looks like a fag burn on the driver seat.

Engine wise it's a bit tappety when cold sometimes (not all the time) and doesn't burn oil and I never have to top up the coolant unless I was doing a coolant change that is. I replaced the alternator last year for a brand new one and have also changed the the two plastic coolant flanges which bolt onto the engine block as they had both cracked.
The gearbox has a strange rattle but this disappears when you press in the clutch and put it in gear, it has always been like this and has never caused me any problems, I have been told it's the clutch release bearing by a few folk but as I'm no expert I wouldn't know exactly.

The roof sits nice and tight on all the seals and can be opened and shut with ease using one arm and clips down nice and tight. There is a small tear just above the driver side window and a tiny hole at the rear just behind the passenger side window. It's a mohair hood and I believe it's the second one its had in her life. It does leak but strangely not where the rip is but the other side directly across from the rip on the passenger side. When it drips in it drips from the roof handle clip but its only in very heavy rain that it happened last year on the way home from a day out, in all honesty its not seen rain in over twelve months as I keep her in a garage and only tended to take her out when its nice weather.

Ideally I'm looking for around what I paid for her £1300 but any serious offers will be considered.

It's a shame I have to get rid of her but I have the opportunity to own a MK5 golf GTI and cannot afford to run my clipper as well as the GTI. I will also be selling our mk4 golf 1.9 TDI sometime early next year to help fund for the GTI. I'm a VW golf fan as is the wife and who knows one day I might get another mk1 but the thought of a modern GTI with 200bhp makes me drool so they both have to go.

I live in Morecambe (Overton)

Thanks

Mark

BUMP!
 Price reduced to £1100 and now has five months tax
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.