Mileage 131000
Price £1500
Location Reading
Contact details 07909994720
Condition Lovely car good base
Service history a couple of receipts
Mot expiry Date 08/2013
Taxed or sorn Sorn

I've been forced to sell my pride and joy which I was slowly rebuilding ready for summer. The wife has fallen pregnant and my money needs to go on bigger and better things apparently :(

So here we go  my mk1 VW Golf cabriolet euro look in Helios blue, its a 1987 the last of the small bumpers (best looking in my opinion), resprayed by the last owner and virtually full rebuilt. It is under sealed properly and virtually rust free due to the resto. The floor boot and the bulk head are in perfect condition. The only bit of rust is on the driver's door and some small rust spots on the drivers sill apart from that it's immaculate. Couple of panels could do with being lined up better (driver's door and wing) but she looks great. The Hood is pretty new condition, no tears or leeks what so ever.

In the last 2 years the car has covered only 57 Miles, I have the last 2 MOT's to prove this. Just passed its MOT last week with No advisories, the only thing I changed was the nearside and offside steering rack gaiter as they both had split. In 2011 I fitted a new Weber carb (£220) also brand new coilovers (£400) which can be adjusted down so she sits virtually on the floor. Brand new brakes and brake lines renewed all round for last year's mot (£300) since then she has done LESS than 60 miles and have receipts for proof. This year I went all out and give the car a full service including oil, air and fuel filter, spark plugs, cam belt and a brand new fuel pump. I had the garage stamp a book for the work carried out. The choke has come away from the dash and is very stiff to pull out it's not a big problem still works but I've bought a new one just need fitting just haven't got round to doing it but part included. I fitted an Mk2 brake servo so brakes a hell of a lot better and the only thing I can think of is that the exhaust rattles on tic over sometimes. I'll get down and have a look before the auction ends but my mechanic who does my work can't believe for the age of this car how good the condition is, its solid, never been welded a really good base for an engine conversion, G60 20v Turbo maybe…. MOT run's out 18/08/2013

Interior is VGC except for the usual drivers bolster wear but very easy to put right. The carpet is blue which is in great condition with no holes. The only bad thing I can say is when I bought the car someone removed the door pockets and put some bigger after market speakers which made terrible holes in the door cords. I've recently bought some new door pockets with brand new JBL speakers. I've had them fitted but unfortunately as you can see they don't cover the holes. My next step for the car was a retrim, cream leather with matching door cords but we have a baby on the way and that's gone out the window. :( The door cords do come with Wolfsburg Door pins, window winders and mirror pully's.

She sits on some scirocco mk1 wheels and I think they suit her, all four tyres have excellent tread all with 6-7mm

Last month I lost my garage and she has been sat outside so I was scared she was going to get stolen, so I had shocks away come round, supplied and fitted a brand new Sigma S30 Cat 1 Alarm System and immobiliser, while I was at it I fitted remote central locking and a dual zone microwave so on them sunny days you can have the roof down and no one will steal your car. Wasn't cheap £350 also having receipt? It comes with a certificate for insurance and two fobs, my insurance with Adrian flux was only £198 fully comp for the year. .

Things I have that needs fitting or has been fitted recently;
New VW Steering wheel (have original if you prefer) and BOSS kit
Brand new Pioneer stereo with USB and Aux input
VDO gauges fitted but not wired up. I have a brand new wiring loom which is included
I have a new cig lighter again not got round to fitting
Brand new GTi front splitter
Clear side and front indicators
Brand new Wolfsburg Mats, not even in the car yet
I have a brand new outdoor car cover which hasn't come out of its case yet
VW Grill
I have 2brand new original VW keys both uncut. All locks and ignition use the same key.

I would like to say I've been totally honest about my car the good and the bad, it's a great car and drives lovely wouldn't take much to bring her back to perfect. When the car is had a full valet and a good mop it comes up beautiful.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions but pleaase please pleeeeeeaaaaaase be sensible, No I won't deliver her, No I won't take £20 a week forever, cash on collection and a £200 non refundable deposit paid through PayPal. Collection in 7 days the car is currently SORN I can tax at your expense. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me 07909994720

For pictures
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221119052949&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.