Skip navigation

1984 Mk1 Golf GTi Convertible - Halifax - £1000

Back to the top

1984 Mk1 Golf GTi Convertible - Halifax - £1000

Hi dudes, thanks for looking at my ad :)

Due to a recent interest in all things marine like I am putting my original Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet with 10 moths MOT in a very rarely seen and stunning original bronze metallic paint.

The car is solid everywhere and comes taxed until the end of November 2010 and MOT'd until 14th June 2011 so it's ready to go and have fun in.

There is a big folder full of receipts with the car, which includes it's rebuild and restoration (believed to be about 96-97?) in photographs.

I have got a photo dump of 67 photos here as you can see there is nothing to hide, there are a couple of little bubbles and a chip and nothing has been hidden

The hood is in good condition as are the brakes and the gearbox. She fair shifts for an old girl as well. As you will be able to see from the photos it's wearing some beautifully restored Pirelli P-slots

There is also a 10 disc CD changer in the boot but the car doesn't currently have audio

The suspension has been lowered on stiffer springs so it takes corners effortlessly.

The car comes with the number plate BIG 2V YY, not that it's anything special but I found it amusing, it is now spaced correctly as the MOT was just done 2 months ago :)

The illumination wire has been burned out in the past so I have clipped this away to the connector and I have a full dash wiring loom to go with the car, it's not a big job and doesn't affect the exterior lights at all. It can be replaced easily in a few hours with the new loom I have with it.

Nothing else to report, the engine is sometimes lazy in starting but it ALWAYS starts, probably a loose wire somewhere (if I get chance I will have a look)

It has 3 superb tyres on it and one that will need replacing in few thousand miles.

The car is in Halifax is you want to come and view it before hand, I would strongly recommend it as the car is in really great condition, not like a lot of the dogs out there.

Nothing much else to say really, obviously the car is not new, so please don't expect that, there are some little niggly things but the paint is very good and the underneath is solid and arrow straight.

I've bought a boat now so she needs to go! :)

Price wise, I'd like £1000 firm

Contactable on jason  to  the  rescue (that's all one word) at google mail . com

or 0 seven nine 14 57 eight 510

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.