Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 Tin Top...BMW Red

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 Tin Top...BMW Red

Have been driving Aircooled motors througout the last twelve years and recently decided to have a change; and go for this early Mk1 Golf.

Was recently for sale on pistonheads…so you may have seen it on there. Only bought it last week and just can't get used to the low ride! The car looks absolutly stunning, there's not a blemish on it; and the interior seats have been re-done in red leather with white stitching.  Its lowered on adjustable coilover suspension, with stretched tyres…..killing my back with the hard ride!

Write up from previous owner……..

MK1 Golf show car for sale . As you can see shes a stunner

Paint job was done on the car a year ago sienna red bmw paint.

The engine in the car is 1.3 but has been rebuilt by a well known vw engine rebuilders called t.e.s. in the process of the engine rebuild it was re-bored with new pistons and rings put in place, reground crankshaft, new main bearings, new big end bearings, new gudgeon pins, new flywheel oil seal, new spark plugs, new gaskets, refaced valve seats, new valve guides, new valves, and new hydraulic cam followers, new clutch and cable. so bascially you are getting a new engine car which is mint.

THE ENGINE ALSO AS WARRENTY FROM THE COMPANY STATING UP TO 12,000 MILES FROM FITTED AND SINCE THE ENGINE HAS BEEN FITTED THE CAR HAS DONE ARROUND 5K SO PLENTY OF WARRENTY LEFT.

The car has a full years mot and taxed until end of november.

modifications:

BBS sytle wheels with gold bolts and the center bbs caps in chrome with stretched 165/45/15 nankangs purchased brand new three months ago.

full interior retrimed seats. mk2 gti seats in the front and standard rear mk1 gti in the rear. retrimed in red which white cross stitching also door cards gear gaitor parcelshelf done a month ago look mint!!  

debadged boot lid to give it the flush look.

series one small bumpers back and front painted in the same paint to match the car and seats.

single headlamp grill

gti brakes with vented disc's
New fuel lines

Goodridge braded hoses

Weber twin choke dmtl carb with pancake filter.

JOM coilovers

Chrome side strips

chrome petrol cap

clocks show original millage, reason i left that is to show what the car has done since the engine has been rebuilt. rebuilt engine ( only on 5k miles done since built)

Due to it being a small block its very very cheap on insurance as i pay £200 a year full comp on classic car insurance and its economical. even for a 1.3 the car is very nippy and not slugish at all.

Bad points :

Ive found so far is a flashing oil light and its done it since ive had the car, it just a loose or corroded connection on the clocks and nothing to worry about. Replaced both of the oil pressure switches and checked everything so its deffinately the clocks and  i have had two mechanics check this and can confirm this. I dint want to replace the clocks because then i would loose the original millage.

Get in touch if your interested…..i'm sure you will all know far more than me about these cars, as ive said, only bought it a week ago; so will be wantingback what I paid for it.

Tax runs out at the end of november; however, it does have exactly a years MOT.

£3600 no offers….

Tel: 07903085223

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.