Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 GTi 1800 Non Sunroof, non campaign model

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 GTi 1800 Non Sunroof, non campaign model

For sale is my 1983 Mk1GTi 1800 Non Sunroof (Rare !), non campaign model

I bought this beautiful example of a MK1 GTi with the below spec in June 2008 from AlexB on the VZi forum, when I lived over in Sheffield, I did the odd journey to train station in it when it was wet and miserable and just kept it for Sunday best to be honest. The rest of the time it was parked in my underground parking space. Since moving over to Manchester and subsequently moving projects for work I now tend to use it much more; everyday cruise to office in East Manchester, girlfriends in Bradford now and then. I never wanted it for this reason and have started to think about getting something to run around in instead of this classic, and this is the reason for selling.

AlexB (June 2008)

?Its a very solid - generally unwelded example - has had a 1 inch square patch on one inner sill & a small repair at the back edge of the passengers sill - sills are original & poured cavity wax out on me when I did the two tiny bits of welding !!

It has 12 months mot as of this morning & will be sold with 6 months tax. It has had loads of nice bits fitted - list as below

Fitted when serviced -
Cambelt & Tensioner
Injectors ultrasonically cleaned & new seals fitted
New Battery, Filler Neck, Rear seat belts plus all usual service items- Oil/Filter,plugs, quality leads, rotor arm, distributor cap.
Braking system had new front discs, rear wheel cylinders, shoes and pads plus all rear hardlines replaced in kunifer & Goodridge stainless flexis fitted and brake fluid was fully changed

Uprated parts -
Gmax suspension,
4 into 1 exhaust manifold
FULL Jetex exhaust system
K&N panel filter
OMP lower strut brace
15 in BBS Splitrims (RM 6.5 x15) and new 195/50 Falken tyres all round

all the engine bay sheetmetal/wiper arms/front number plate mount have been powdercoated black & the car has a huge amount of waxoyl everywhere in all cavities & underneath. windscreen was replaced with a brand new top tint screen just after we got the car as the original had de laminated.

We had planned to keep the car long term and gradually bring it up to concours standard - however the offer of another car (and the Fact that Naomi wants another aircooled) means its reluctantly up for sale .

This car has done the school run every day throughout the winter without fail, heater works well?

So since then ive tinkered with it over the last 11/12 months;

Right rear wheel bearing changed April 09
Full fuel line change Feb 09
Two new Yokohoma A drive tyres for the fronts April 09
Left rear wheel bearing changed May 09
New steering Rack May 09
Kenwood stereo head unit
2x speakers in rear

MOT passed on 15th May 2009. Tax is up end June 2009.

Other than that its been a absolute pleasure to drive, never had an issue starting and has been a true joy to own. I definitely want it to go to a good home.

Anyway let me know if you want to take a look.

Im looking for ?2,500

Thanks

Garry

Thanks everyone for your interest the car, unfortunatley i am now away until Monday 1st June (last minute holiday). If you are still interested then please get in contact following my return. I've added some more pictures to hopefully keep you all interested.

Some more details too: It has 151k miles on the clock, has had 10 previous owners. Both inside and out of the car are in great condition

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.