Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 Golf GX 5 door super-price-drop! £1250 takes her

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 Golf GX 5 door super-price-drop! £1250 takes her

Quick facts

1983 Golf 1.5 GX 5 door
MOT April next year
TAX End of November (2010)
LOCATED ON HAYLING ISLAND, PO11 post-code.

£1250 OVNO!

Bodywork

For the most part - REALLY straight. There are a couple of knocks to take into consideration. One on the boot, one on the passenger-side rear door and one on the driver door. All three i would imagine could be removed without paint/filler.

The arches are starting to go a little scabby, but nothing too major. There is a 1-pennie-sized area on the boot, right by the lock that has been painted over, some kind of scab i think.

I am pretty certain that the car has had paint at some point in its life. I would personally rate the spraying 8.5/10 as its hard to notice any imperfections at all!

The Chrome on the Rear and Front Screen has faded. The STRAIGHT parts of the chrome on the front grill are missing, but replaceable (the hard ones to find are the corner bits!). And the glass from one of the front spots is missing.

Interior

Immaculate and original, down to the gear-nob and radio! The bolster on the driver-seat has collapsed slightly, but not worn. The interior was the bit that really sold it for me. Except for a slight bit of damage on the parcel-shelf, its carzy-good condition.

Mechanical

Its the original engine, 1.5 petrol. Has covered just over 105,000 miles. That's only 2000 miles in the last 10 years! A little reluctant to go start at times, turns over a few times before firing, but once warmed up, runs like a dream and pulls pretty hard! The clutch needs adjusting, never got round to it as i just got used to it pretty quick…

The cambelt was changed around 90,000 miles according to the service history i have.

Brakes well - a little squeaky. Have not checked yet, but the pads might need doing.

Other Things..

Its on the GTi Rims - not Original to this model, but a nice touch! (inc. spare).
Suspension was replaced by previous owner, all standard still.
Ignition system also replaced
Was dry stored for 10 years before i got it! The last time it was taxed (before i did it!) was 1995
Has been my daily for a couple of months and really can't fault it…

Something to note would be i think a clamp has come loose on the exhaust as its pretty rattly? I have not investigated yet, but im sure its nothing major.

This is a must see for anyone interested in the legendary MK1 Golf. Its a prime example of unmolested car, ready for any modification you so choose or to just drive away in style. Either way, you will not be disappointed.  

I really need this gone before christmas, so please get in touch!

07709339876 or email me alex HerbalSkateboards .com

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.