Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign - Silver

Back to the top

1983 Mk1 Golf GTI Campaign - Silver

For sale is my Campaign, I really really don't want to sell this car but I'm heading to Canada and then on from there and don't really think it's a good idea to store it for 2 years. This has been such a great ride in the 3 years Ive owned it, and its done many 200 mile journeys from Dorset to Cornwall with no trouble at all. Im the 4th owner and was owned by an old couple in Dorset for 20 years before the owner before me who kept it garaged. The owner after them had it lowered, which I'm not a great fan of but does make it fun to drive. I think it is SPAX suspension. The seats have always had covers on them and are in great condition with no sign of wear which is very rare, the wheels are scuffed but are the original MK1 P slots, and the spare is a MK2 P slot, the paint has some bubbling as you can see in the pics and has had some 'DIY' attention but I don't think would take very much to make this into a great condition car.

The car has done 136k miles, with 10 months MOT, and 4 months Tax.

The car has been in the garage for the past year while I was travelling in NZ, it sailed through its MOT but has recently developed the dreaded dash problem which I have just thrown loads of money at. The Oil pressure warning lamp and buzzer were constantly flashing and buzzing. I had an oil change, Oli pressure check, new filters, new thermostat, new switches the lot. Nothing worked so finally found out it was electrical, I bought a part on here which has turned out to be faulty unfortunately so the problem is half fixed… the buzzer no longer sounds but the light still flashes, it is not due to low oil pressure but because of this part, which can be fixed but I just don't have the time now to get it back in the garage and have the work done. It is a case of getting another oil pressure controller board and having it fitted. I have proof to this effect from the garage if needed.

If you'd like more pics please email and Ill try and get them done asap. I live in Cornwall but will be coming to Bournemouth over Christmas so it might be possible to see up there if interested.

£1500

Some more requested pics just uploaded. Engine bay, roof (sorry about the frost, its not hiding anything), the fuel filler cap has no rust as the fuel filler pipe was replaced around a year and a half ago, the spare wheel bay has no rust and the sun roof which works fine but I never use this as I know of the problems.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.