1983 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Lhasa Green

Model: Golf GTI
Year: 1983
Mileage: 100000 est
Tax: Dec 2010
MOT: July 2011
Price: £2000 ONO - The car is also on ebay - item no 250668402957

1983 MK1 Golf Gti Campaign in metallic Lhasa Green

I have owned the car since May 1999, having enjoyed every minute of owning such an iconic classic. But the time has come to sell, as I do not have the time to enjoy this wonderful car anymore.

The car has just passed its MOT and has 6 months tax as well, so is ready for the road.

Before the recent MOT, the car was off the road for 4 years in my garage, due to work and family commitments.

Over the years of ownership I have spent many thousands of pound on maintenance and general upgrade, all of which I have a mountain of receipts for.

I do not know the exact mileage of the car as I replaced the clocks when I first bought the car, but I estimate it to be around 100k. I have MOT and repair receipts that support this.

Here is a quick overview of work that has been done on the car.

Body

Full respray in 2001, including new rear panel  and all new trim.

Engine and running gear

Car is fitted with Koni SSK Suspension

TSR Pack 'A' skimmed head

K&N Air filter

Samco hoses

Supersprint Stainless steel exhaust system

New rear brake hoses and pipes

New front discs and pads

Porsche design 90 alloy wheels

All four tyres are in excellent condition

I also have the original Pirelli P slot alloys with three centre caps

Trim

Badgeless grill

I have the original grill with hella fog lights, but missing one of the end red surrounds

Interior

Car is fitted with a thacham approved immobiliser

The car comes with an alarm but I have never got round to installing it properly. But all instructions and wiring is supplied

Alloy gear knob, hand brake sleeve and mirror handles

New carpets

Momo steering wheel and boss, I do not have the original steering wheel anymore.

Some bad points

Since the car has been in storage, it has suffered a few dents and scratches, a majority of these are on the bonnet and passenger front wing. (please see pics) There are two very small areas of bubble rust, one on the driver front wing and one by the rear number plate, these are no more than the size of a ten pence piece.

Moisture has become trapped under the lacquer on the Porsche wheels, but this will not be expensive to fix. The alloys are in very good condition.

The car heater does not work, the car is fitted with an MFA but not all functions work, also the speedo seems to have stopped working as well (I believe this is down to a sticky speedo cable)

The driver seat bolster has an very small rip.

The car was involved in a small knock about 6 years ago, in which the car suffered light front end damage, a new front panel, bonnet and two wings were fitted and the front of the car was resprayed.

Finally

The car currently has a private registration plate, which is not included in the auction. This is the reason why the registration plates have been masked. I have sent away the relevant documentation to the DVLA to have a new registration put onto the car.

I have folders of pictures and receipts detailing the extent of time, money and effort that has been spent on the car.

The car is a fantastic example of such an iconic car, and gets many admiring looks when it is driven around. Whoever is next to own it, I am sure will experience just as much fun and enjoyment as I have over the years.

Thanks for looking

Please PM if interested, or ring (not text) 07779795945.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.