Skip navigation

1983 mk1 Golf GTI 1.9 8v

Back to the top

1983 mk1 Golf GTI 1.9 8v

Hello All,

Im selling my mk1 golf gti. The engine has been bored to a 1.9, high lift cams, vernor pulleys, mk2 8v gear box, racing exhaust. Apart from the engine and the rear lights, everything else is standard. Its a real pocket rocket really. Im looking for sensible offers around ?1600.

Please email me if you are interest or want further pictures info etc etc. I looking for a quick sale really. As I move in a few weeks. Im based near Gatwick Airport.

The car has about 10months MOT, but is on SORN.

Cheers,

Steve

Back to the top
Hi Guys,

Could you lend me some advise, as I have not had any real interested in my Golf! Am I just being unlucky? Or do you think its over/under priced? Not enough description? Or just my location maybe?

Regards,

Steve

Back to the top
I've had the same thing with my clipper, starting bid was ?1k and didn't get one bid!!

I.M.O I think yours could be a LITTLE overpriced, with the warped front bumper, rust on rear quarter and the seats could do with a wash.

A guy near me had a mint x-reg gti with full tsr engine plus loads of other mods and he struggled to sell it for ?900…..

Good luck either way!!

R.I.P Dave Wilson
13/02/1982 - 12/11/2006.
To say I've lost my best friend……

Back to the top
hey any chance of sending me some more pics of engine bay, spare wheel well, bottom of the doors, arches, and anyrust ect would be appreciated as I?m form Exeter and would be far to come to view cheers stuartancell17@hotmail.com

MK1 GTI Wanted

www.swdubs.co.uk

Back to the top
Hello,

I will email these over to you tomorrow. Im not at home where the car is today..

I will however be as honest as possible. The spare wheel well is in good condition, no rust that I can see but I do think it has been repainted at one point. The bottom of the doors have started to go (but not badly), but yearly I have stripped the doors and sprayed the inside with Duck Oil. The arches have started to go, especially on the rear. But again I have kept on spraying with Duck Oil to stop it spreading further.

This is not mint condition, but it has been untouched and really straight. Had a friend look at it and for its age, he was suprised it was so straight. Its a solid little motor and not ever caused me a problem. The rear valence has some rust on the weld seal, but I have seen a lot worse over the years.

Its a good starting block if you looking to spend a few pounds on doing it up to make it near perfect! Although if you just want a head turner and a reliable mk1. Then this is pretty good!!

Back to the top
Hi
Is the car still for sale, it looks pretty good and I may be interested in viewing, i'm based near birmingham so its quite a distance to travel but i'm willing if the car is pretty clean, any chance you could send me some photos, engine bay, sills/jacking points, any rust areas,front floor. Does the car have service history and how flexible are you on the 1600 price. My budget is 1000 but for the right car i am willing to go higher. I also have a BMW 318IS coupe as a posible p/x if you were interested.

Back to the top
Forgot to add my email mabbl3y@hotmail.com.

PS What condition is the filler neck in?

Back to the top

previous owner

Is this car stiil for sale?Please advise, my e-mail fatboyjim007@yahoo.com or mobile 07704340164.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.