Mileage: 135,000
Price £1300 O.V.N.O
Location Spalding, Lincolnshire.
Contact details: 07715370204/MileymanB@Hotmail.co.uk
Condition: Good condition.  
Mot expiry Date: 08/12
Currently SORN
V5 Present

I bought the car in August 2009 from a chap in Castleford who had taken good care of it. I was using it as my daily driver. However, now I commute 50 miles a day, and although I am confident that the Golf would be fine I would not feel I was being fair to a classic, driving it that distance every day. It kills me to do so, but its time for somebody else to enjoy it and give it the attention it deserves.

It's a 1983 (A) Golf C, with a 1093cc engine and 4 speed gearbox.

The car has done 135,000 miles, but don't let this put you off as the engine still pulls well and does not use any fluids. That is still less than 5000 miles a year. It has the desirable Weber carburettor conversion with manual choke, which has never caused me any problems at all. There is a folder full of receipts and documents showing all the work the car has had, even the original vehicle handbook! It is a very economical engine, returning 35mpg around town and 40-45mpg on a run. It is also very cheap to run - £70 for 6 months tax and insurance group 5. I have always run it on super unleaded, and it costs me roughly £55 to brim the tank. The underside of the car, the boot and the engine bay have all been rust proofed and have stood the test of time well.

Since I have had the car it has had:

Head gasket Replaced
Cam-belt replaced
New Water Pump
New Battery
New Alternator
New discs & 2 sets of pads
New wheel bearings
New Fuel Pump
New spark plugs
New Distributor Cap
New coil pack
New Standard Exhaust Back-Box
4 Fluid & Filter services
4 New tyres
+ More

The car has 14" OZ alloy wheels fitted, which have had a quick blow over, but could do with a full refurb to make perfect. All 4 tyres have 5mm+ tread remaining and are perfectly balanced.

As with any car that's 30 years old there are a few points letting it down.

-   Driver's seat bolster tear.
-   The gear-change takes a little getting use to, and could probably do with adjusting.
-   The cars bodywork, although solid and cleans up well - does have scabs, a few scratches and stone-chips but nothing major and nothing too hard to fix.
-   The notoriously bad MK1 Golf brakes are ok for a car of this era, but pretty rubbish compared to modern cars.

The car doesn't have a radio or speakers, but there is a single DIN slot in the dashboard and I'm told the wiring is present for power supply to a radio. There is currently a cubbyhole in place of the radio. The standard door panels and parcel shelf have not been cut up for speakers and the interior is a really nice, comfy and spacious place to be.

The car is currently Sorn'd, and although it has no M.O.T - it's done less than 50 miles since its last M.O.T and I would see no reason why it wouldn't pass next time.

I have an all-important Haynes manual, which will be included in the sale.

This would make a great little run around and is a seriously cheap way into the dub scene. The car turns heads wherever it goes and has tons of character and charm and is a good honest car. Also perfect for an engine swap or show car being the desirable 3-door non-sunroof body.

I am looking for £1300 for the car, as I feel it is in good, unmolested condition and is pretty rare - I have not seen another one in this colour in the flesh. With a little TLC you would have a show winner.

Please no time wasters, silly offers, canvassers or part exchanges. Thank You for Looking.  

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.