Skip navigation

1983 Mars Red Mk1 GTi Campaign - Now SOLD

Back to the top

1983 Mars Red Mk1 GTi Campaign - Now SOLD

1983 Mars Red Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign Model.

It has all the right bits for a Campaign (tinted glass, MFA, golf tee lock pins etc) and a fat folder of bills to show the care lavished by its last few owners. It?s completely original, right down to its Blaupunkt radio cassette.

On the outside, the body panels are arrow straight. I have an unnatural aversion to parking dings and this has none that I can see. Paintwork is gleaming red. The only blemish is a 10p sized blister near the sunroof but it has not broken the paintwork.

Original Pirelli P-Slot alloys all have their caps and are fitted with Pirelli tyres. Two brand new P6000?s on the front. New deep chin spoiler just fitted. It?s been freshly MOT?d and had two new wishbones, brake pads and was re-undersealed ready for winter. It also had a new gear linkage kit fitted at the same time. New battery was also fitted recently by me.

The 1.8 engine was rebuilt about 20k ago by a motorsport garage up north somewhere and pulls really strong. It starts first time and there is no blue smoke or other nasty noises. Gearbox is good and the clutch was replaced along with the recon? engine.

The interior is also very good. The dash has been replaced by previous owner so has no vinyl lifting around the vents. Red striped seats are also very good with no bolster problems. Mats all round have kept carpets good. Period stereo is a nice touch.

The car has 12 months MOT. I paid ?3000 for it less than a year ago and want to get close to that back considering all the work that has been done recently. It's done 215k miles but was by far the best example I could find and you won't be disappointed. Come and have a look and make me an offer. I am based in South Wales. I can throw in a few spares and restoration books too.

Back to the top
Hi.

Having problems replying to PMs for some reason. Ring me on 07701090545 or 01656745734 if you want any details.

Regarding your question Edstaff, it is just over 100 quid tax I think.

I am looking for offers around 2500 realistically  :)

All the best

Back to the top

Sorry about pics

It is just too dark by the time I get home to get decent pics. Will take to work tomorrow and take better ones.

Now with 6 month road tax.  :)

Back to the top
If only I was rich ……..  Smart looking car !!!

Back to the top

New pics

Now with 6 months tax as well. I have updated the PH ad with new better pics too.

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

Back to the top
I've got to be honest mate, it does look really nice and clean.
I am a sucker for red ones!
Good luck with the sale.

Back to the top
Right. I have new car on order now so must sell. Come and make me a reasonable offer. You won't be disappointed.  :D

Back to the top

SOLD

Now sold to a good home.  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.