Price: £600 ono
Contact details: trevortaylor2008@btinternet.com or 07752418469
Condition: project  
Service history: none
Mot expiry Date: none
Taxed or sorn: sorned

Description:

hi
  i have for sale a mk1 golf cabrio 1.8 gti . the reg on the car is good if you have any link to the armed forces as being A— WOL, this is being sold as either spares or repairs , i would like to see the car back on the road as it is to good to break. the car has no mot and is on sorn. i have owned it for at least 5 years maybe more and has been my project but have not no long the time or money to complete it and will be sad to see it go.

i have spent a lot of time on this car and have replaced the front, rear brakes also have the mk2 16v servo to fit (witch has been repainted) and suspension parts including anti roll bushes, wishbones, top mounts , arb bushes, bump stops (front and rear) and it is lowered by 60mm on springs (i think?), this was a few years ago and now have rusted up but are all new. the wiring has been sorted out as when i got it it had the wrong clocks and not a lot worked, i have now fitted mk2 gti clock (2 sets of clocks both maf should work) and fitted cobra immobiliser . i have also replaced heater matrix and blower fan and have a new radiator, also i have shot-blasted and painted several parts as shown in the pictures. new cross hair front headlight rhd ones.

the engine has been removed as the core plug needs replacing (have new ones) but apart from that the engine runs fine, it does need some work on it as there are a few oil leaks. the engine is the dx code . i have a new sump gasket to go with the sale.

i wanted to a replacement the front end (have new one) as the bottom valance is a bit beaten up and another front passenger wing gen vw one (second hand) and out of the two make a good one, there is only a small problem with the one on there is the bottom corner has been chopped off to line it up with the front valance and only noticed this when i tried to fit the new chin spoiler.

inside the car the interior is very good apart from the drivers door top door capping has been badly repaired and a fag burn in the base of the passenger seat also i have fitted jvc front and rear speakers. i have some very good b-pillar seals to replace the ones on there.

here is a direct link to more pictures  Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket  if the link does not work then try to copy and past it in your browser then should work ok . all the parts from the car like trim etc i have but they may not be in the pictures.

there is a few bits of  rust around the car (worst around the windscreen but does not leak and have a replacement screen seal) but it is very solid, there is loads of other stuff i have done but cant remember at this moment. the hood on the car will need replacing.

if you have any questions please email and i will reply asap. you are more than welcome to come and view the car and please ask as many questions as you like as i have nothing to hide, thanks for looking.

this would have to be trailered away and collection is from somerset.

the car is priced at £600 ono or would maybe swap it for a vw diesel or maybe anything else you have, let me know?

thanks for looking and will be sad to see her go   :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.