Skip navigation

1983 Golf Mk1 1.3

Back to the top

1983 Golf Mk1 1.3

Hello, reluctantly up for sale is my 1983 1.3 5sp MK1 Golf as I am moving to Australia. I have owned it since 2008 and it is my pride and joy. The clocks say it has done 156,000 miles but these are new clocks with a rev counter, the mileage from the old clocks is stuck on the bottom of them which I need to look at.
I have spent most of my time returning this to its original beauty as when I brought it, it was a mismatch of part and trim.

Exterior
The exterior is completely stock with trim like arch spat and original chrome grill. It has a sunroof but never had a single leaking issue! It has new side trim upper and lower and new small flag mirrors. The paint shows its age but what do you expect from a 29 year old car. I spent alot of time restoring the car when I took it off the road and done any welding which needed doing and fully waxoyled the underneath of the car so the car is rust free.

Interior
I have replaced all the interior to its original spec. All the seats are decent except from the usual wear on the driver's seat. It has decent carpet and a decent parcel shelf. In the dash has an original head unit which has got power but not plugged into anything. I manage to find trim like clocks with a rev counter, center dash speaker etc. The Alpine head unit it hidden in the glove box with an ipod lead which drops into the foot well. There are 2 hidden speaker enclosures in the rear foot well which has 2 pairs if infinity components and there is also a Fli sub in the boot. The fuel and brake line also run through the car for peace of mind due to it being quite low. All electrics such as dash lights and blowers for fine and for the last few months I have made sure every single bit of trim is there and all clips and screws are fitted.

Suspension/Brakes
The mk1 is on coilover which are copper greased and in decent condition with new 6month old topmounts. It is also fitted with front upper, lower and rear strut braces for rigidity. I have fitted GTi running gear on like the complete rear beam with antiroll bar and brakes, the rear drum have had new shoes and cylinders about 6 months ago. As mentioned before all the brake lines are new and ran through the car and the car has all new flexis hoses as well. On the front I have fitted seam welded polybushed GTi wishbones with front antiroll bar. The front also has GTi brake callipers with 6 month old drilled and grooved discs and fast road pads. I have also fitted a mk2 16v master cylinder and servo.

Engine/Gearbox
The engine is a stock 1.3 which run lovely and no blue smoke, about a year ago I fitted a new head gasket and cambelt, head gasket and rocker cover gasket. The oil and filter has also been changed recently and it also has had a new air filter and new exhaust gaskets. From the down pipe to the backbox is a supersprint 2" single peice exhaust so no joins which is nice, and it also has a GTi cabriolet backbox for the original look. I have also fitted a 5 speed polo gearbox about 6 months ago with a new clutch and oil which run nice and smooth.

Wheels

The wheels are rare Jetta mk1 GLS wheels, they are 13x5 steels with hubcaps and trim. I have a spare wheel as well with the trim and centre cap. They are on Yoko A539 tyres with decent tred. Also the rears are on 20mm spacers and the front are on 5mm spacers

Bad Bits
The bad bits on the car are firstly the paint, I quite like how it is as I wanted an original look car and not a minter. The paint shows its age in places but is ok and there is no rust.
The engine also runs smooth but finds it difficult to idle sometimes due to the car needing to be set up, think the accelerator valve need to be adjusted but that is all.

Except for this the mk1 is a smooth lovely little runner which I never have issues with, it has done me well and I am regretting selling it but have to due to going to Australia.

It will be sold with 12 months mot and tax runs out at the end of April

Price: £1650 ono

Cheers
Laurie

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.