Skip navigation

1983 Golf GL 1.5 Auto More Door, MOT/TAX, non runner £800ono

Back to the top

1983 Golf GL 1.5 Auto More Door, MOT/TAX, non runner £800ono

Golf 1.5 Auto, Facebook

Link above to my Mk1, it's a non runner but taxed and tested till around about may/june, will check once I'm home in the next few days!
Lowered 60mm on aftermarket springs, still have originals.

I bought it June last year, in previous ownership it'd spent more time SORN than on the road since 1991 but aside from the dents and rust round the windscreen he's a solid car, I bought it off an old Maltese guy, MOT'd it and all it required was a ball joint! Since then I've serviced it, replaced a perished hose, and had to make up a throttle cable as they're no longer available.
Interior is in great condition, and the spare wheel is original and has never seen the road!

Non Runner, Forum Post

It's been a non runner since September, if you read the above link you'll see why. I never got round to checking back but some lovely people did try to help, I read it last night but I'm skint and can't afford to f#ck about. The battery is also flat due to the constant attempts to start it.

Whatever is wrong is niggly, engine is fine internally, was even serviced a month before it randomly stopped running, drove it to the retro show and bug jam and it brought many smiles, I love it still and wish I could keep it… opening and closing the door reminds me of the" like a Golf" advert, it's awesome, and with each time I'm amazed that there's no damp despite the sitting around.

Anyway, any offers? I'm gonna put it at £800

Call me 07875635445

Roy

(please note, I will not break, swap cars or swap parts)

1983 Golf 1.5 GL Auto (GayLord)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.