Back to the top

1983 Golf Driver - Fantastic Looking Car - Low Mileage + MOT

GOLF DRIVER 1272CC

80400 MILES FROM NEW WITH OLD MOT'S TO PROVE
MOT TILL  MID OCTOBER THIS YEAR
NO TAX SADLY
COVERED LESS THAN 50 MILES SINCE IT'S LAST MOT 12 MONTHS AGO
4 SPEED GEARBOX
CHEAP ON TAX AND INSURANCE - MY DAD WAS RECENTLY QUOTED ?105 FULLY COMP FOR A YEAR

CAR BASED IN HAYDOCK ST HELENS AREA

Excellent condition inside and out. Absolutely solid underneath and it has been fully undersealed

Well after much deliberation I have decided to move on my Driver Project to help fund my new house move. I have owned the car for over a year now. whilst i was learning to drive in which it was dry stored in the garage

The car was purchased from my next door neighbour who picked it up from an enthusiast in the Rochdale area. Who carried out the majority of the work that has been done over the past 5 years

Exterior
Full Respray in original Regatta Blue Metallic. (Very Rare Colour)
Delocked and Smoothed the rear hatch with boot release kit (Just Needs Wiring Up)
GTI Arch Finishing Kit
GTI Deep Front Spoiler
Zender Style Rear Spoiler
German Pressed Plates
Chrome Side Trim
Chrome Single light Grille
15" G60 Steelies with Toyo Proxes T1R's (Covered about 20 Miles As New)
Brand New Aero Wiper Blades
Upgraded Wiper Motor from Mk2 GTI (Much faster)
GTI Bumpers
Crystal Headlamps
Crystal Indicator Bulbs
Smoked Rear Lenses

INTERIOR
Full Scirocco GT interior in immaculate condition (no wear what so ever)
GTI Carpets
GTI Door Cards with Speaker Pods
3 Guage VDO Centre Console
Campaign GTI Red Dash Trim
MK2 GTI Steering Wheel
Original VAG Rubber car mats excellent condition

MECHANICAL

STANDARD SMALL BLOCK 1.3 UNMODIFIED

New Cambelt and Water Pump 12 Months Ago
Brand New Crankcase breather Pipe Fitted
Fully Adjustable Coilovers Front and back
Recent Tune Up
New Radiator
New Battery
Single Weber Carb
New Oil Filter
New Fuel Filter
New Air Filter
New Rocker Cover Gasket
Just had an Oil Flush and Fresh Oil put Back in

Brakes
New Rear Brake Shoes and Pistons

As you well know the Original Brake setup on the non GTI models is quite shocking so 3 months ago A Mechanic Friend of Mine carried Out a FULL Vauxhall brake upgrade with:

Golf Mk2 GTI 9inch Servo and 22.2 mm Master Cylinder
Vauxhall Calibra 16V Brake Calipers
256mm MK2 GTI Grooved Vented and Drilled Discs (Brand New)
Vauxhall Calibra 16V Brake Lines

The setup is literally brand new and has covered less than 10 miles with fantastic results. stops as well as a modern day car now making it much safer to drive

NEW EXHAUST CENTRE SECTION AND BACK BOX WITH NEW RUBBERS

I also have a Scorpion Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm that will be included just needs to be fitted worth ?100 new

I.C.E

JVC Headunit
Pioneer 6x9's in custom made rear parcel shelf Powered by a Kenwood Amp
JBL 4x6 Front Door Speakers (Need Wiring Up)
12" JBL subwoofer in boot powered by an Alpine Amp

Awesome sounding system very loud

All The Boot has been Carpeted out with Audio Carpet and all the wiring has been concealed. Looks excellent

This car truely is one of a kind and you won't see another Driver like it. It's attracted loads of interest whenever it's been out an about and it looks absolutely stunning on the road. The Car drives very well and there are no Crunching through the gears no knocking or tappet noises the engine ticks over nicely and idles fine. theres no nasty smoke coming from the exhaust the steering is nice and light. All the electrics work in the car including the blowers and the rear heated screen

BAD POINTS ( Every Car Has Them  :wink:

There is no rust that i can find anywhere on the car but there is some slight blistering around the bottom of the drivers side door and a tiny bubble on the bonnet near the headlight. Do not detract what so ever from the overall look of the car. The Blistering was there when i bought the car and it hasn't got any worse. Aside from that the paintwork is unmarked

This really is a great car and deserves a good home. One of the best daily drivers around in my opinion and i'm sure whoever gets it will be very pleased. Alot of time and money has gone into this car over the years with many now rare and obselete parts being added by myself. it should fly through it's next MOT.

I do have more pictures available on request.Any Questions Please Call me on 07854026239 ask for Darren preferably after 7 in the evening or drop me a message on here.

Looking for ?2300 o.v.n.o

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.