Skip navigation

1983 1.1c 3 Door, Mars Red

Back to the top

1983 1.1c 3 Door, Mars Red

1983 MK1 Golf 1.1 C

mileage… a mere 77K …with fully stamped up service history up to 75K

The time has come to sell my beloved MK1 as I dont have the space and have another project on the go. The car is a 3 door MK1 in mars red

It was purchased new in germany by an british soldier who brought it back to the uk, so genuine Wolfsberg quality.

It is extremly solid….original sills…. to date I have found no signs of any welding having been carried out at all……

It will have 12 months MOT and is declared SORN

Spec is as follows:

ENGINE & GEARBOX

Original 1.1 with a stamped VW service Schedule

77000 Mls

4 Speed Gearbox

Serviced less than 1000 miles ago including Oil, Filter, Air Filter, Plugs and Fuel Filter

Omp mild steel exhaust system

SUSPENSION and RUNNING GEAR

`Hottuning` Coilovers
Polybushed Gti front wishbones ( + Seam Welded)
Polybushed  rear axle  with Mk2 Gtu rear disc conversion
Rear stainless braided Flexi hoses
Refurbishied Passat Front Calipers
GTI solid front discs (Pads and Discs are as new)

INTERIOR

The interior of the car is standard, and was removed from my low mileage 1977 GLS
Car had gti factory centre console.

WHEELS & TYRES

There is a choice of wheels and tyres for the car and this is reflected in the price. The choices are:
15" BBS RMs 7" Fronts [painted red] running 165/50/15 Bridgestones and 7.5" Rears Running 195/45/15 Nankangs, All tyres are new.
OR
13" MK1 Golf Steels with road legal tyres.

EXTERIOR

Bumpers have been smoothed and painted Gloss Black
Wheel Arch Spats Gloss Black
Single Light Grill
Crystal front headlights
Chrome Side Strips
Debadged Tailgate

Other features
Factory Sunroof (Will include NOS sunroof seal)

As said this is a very solid Mk1 (more so than my 77 Gls) no signs of welding, I have recently carried out some bodywork to tidy up and remove a few minor blemishes on the bodywork. The rear arches showed signs of rust and have been repaired using fibreglass, the only other spot of rust was the common spare wheel well which has also been repaired.

This car is by no means a showcar but has the potential with a very minimal amount of time and work to last a lifetime, to be mint it would need the rear arches replacing and a respray.

It's and ideal project for someone starting in MK1s/VWs or who can't afford to insure a GTI ….. with a little bit of work could look identical.

Only selling due to the amount of cars I own and the lack of time I have. The car will remain for sale until the weekend of June 4th/5th if unsold by then I will be forced to keep it till i return from Greece in October

Price
With the BBS RMs £2800
With the Steels £2000

Located near Woodbridge in Suffolk

Any Questions PM me.

Heres some pictures:

On Mk1 Steels

Engine Bay
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.